Online 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
This is probably old but what do you guys think?

http://jalopnik.com/5760248/how-ferrari-spins
I think your right, its very old news, 5yrs+, and the date is there at the top for all to see.

Chris Harris
2/15/11 3:00pmFiled to: RANT

Offline OzStriker

• Drives: 3.8 RS, C3.2
Very old news, Harris was banned from driving factory/dealer Ferraris for a few years after this. I'm pretty sure he lost his Evo magazine gig as well as his articles ceased at the time after only a year or so with the magazine.

Ferraris response has ensured no other journalist would dare risk their livelihood with similar comments.

Offline David B

Very old news, Harris was banned from driving factory/dealer Ferraris for a few years after this. I'm pretty sure he lost his Evo magazine gig as well as his articles ceased at the time after only a year or so with the magazine.

Ferraris response has ensured no other journalist would dare risk their livelihood with similar comments.

Which means the comments were probably factually correct!
Ferrari have on the record publically warned owners of new "special" models not to allow their cars to be tested or else recieve future bans from buying exclusive models.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I hate to defend Ferrari; but all they do is provide demo cars that are optioned for maximum performance and the factory crew are there to make sure the car is tested in good nick with fresh tyres etc. This might sound like overkill; but there is such a variety of options available that a luxo barge spec can be 100kg + heavier than a car optioned for performance. Re the tyres, there can be a couple of seconds difference between fresh R rubber and worn out, heat cycled rubber. Faarked brakes the same again. So who can blame them for wanting the car to be just right when a bad test result can kill sales in our 24/7 news driven world.

This is also why they don't want customer cars tested. Unknown spec and condition and owners may well put conditions on how the cars can be used.

Offline David B

I hate to defend Ferrari; but all they do is provide demo cars that are optioned for maximum performance and the factory crew are there to make sure the car is tested in good nick with fresh tyres etc. This might sound like overkill; but there is such a variety of options available that a luxo barge spec can be 100kg + heavier than a car optioned for performance. Re the tyres, there can be a couple of seconds difference between fresh R rubber and worn out, heat cycled rubber. Faarked brakes the same again. So who can blame them for wanting the car to be just right when a bad test result can kill sales in our 24/7 news driven world.

This is also why they don't want customer cars tested. Unknown spec and condition and owners may well put conditions on how the cars can be used.
Thats all fair, but Ferrari transfer ownership when you buy it, its not a lease... if you want to let some journo drive it, its your choice.  Ferrari threatening behaviour pretty much seems to be blackmail to me.

Offline David B

Thats all fair, but Ferrari transfer ownership when you buy it, its not a lease... if you want to let some journo drive it, its your choice.  Ferrari threatening behaviour pretty much seems to be blackmail to me.
People think companies can sell who they want to but actually they come under the general law and specificaly consumer law.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

That is Ferrari for you; but I can understand the logic behind it.
As long as Ferrari have customers who are willing to jump through insane hoops to buy their cars, Ferrari will NEVER change.
Me, I'll just take my money elsewhere :)

Offline mtarone

Me, I'll just take my money elsewhere :)

Have I missed something? You have a new car coming? If so, Congrats!  :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Have I missed something? You have a new car coming? If so, Congrats!  :thumbsup:

Short attention span mate. There is always a new something coming :D