Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
good point,example is there are plenty of good quality 550/575s in the UK,which are ideal for OZ.
Problem is I'm old school ,always been a RR/Bentley perv,just scene to many imports of that marque ...I'm gun shy of imports....silly really.

Yup, i'm assuming you are  talking about all the imported crap from Hong Kong that flooded Australia in the mid 90's??? Rollers, Bentley's, 928's 911 etc...

Things have changed now, ofcorse there are still a heap of dodgey colluding with mechanics and importers, but there is still as much chance of the various dealers and mechanics working together to get more out of a customer.
Prices of Aussie/imported later model RAWS imports are basically the same now, hardly any price difference at all.
As for condition it depends where it was imported from (UK/SIngapore have very different climates).   

The whole point of RAWS was to regulate the imported cars, 355's and newer cars have a different criteria to check off to make a good car than pre 355 erra cars (except 355's may also have issues with rust where as 360's onwards are generally much better because of the larger use of aluminium).

For old stuff I have no idea, i've never ventured into classic cars apart from a Yellow Pinafarina converted  RHD f40 I looked at for sale in the UK in 2011 (ex Bruni car) that was pretty far customised (had different seats, full leather interior, luxury style dash and a few other non standard accesories that wrecked the car), then there was issues with the fuel tanks and all this other stuff that I as a normal person and not a mechanic couldn't be bothered dealing with.

I still have pics of the car on this laptop. Now LHD f40's are getting rego as they are reaching classic status anyway
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The whole point of RAWS was to regulate the imported cars......

That being said, some of the RAWS cars I have seen are still pretty dodgy!!

Mostly the RHD conversions.......

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

We've already had a private discussion about some of the dodgey work we see RAWS workshops doing, some real shockers out there

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

I still have pics of the car on this laptop. Now LHD f40's are getting rego as they are reaching classic status anyway

I still think the whole ADR issue with F40's and getting them on classic reg will create problems down the track
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I still think the whole ADR issue with F40's and getting them on classic reg will create problems down the track
why?
Because of the nature of the car?
In VIC the following I think would be required either a RWC or sighting of the club CH officer,no sighting at VIC roads of the car proof of ownership and a small annual cheque fee.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

How do you mean?????

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
How do you mean?????

My fear on a lot of this sort of car is not now but the what if scenario. When one gets belted in a prang, someone gets hurt I can see a can of worms all because of ADR's. And we all know what happens if a third party bodily injury insurer wants to examine further with some smart ass lawyer who will ask in court the car doesnt comply with ADR's so why should the insurer pay.
Sure I have rego on my 360CH, Tassie reg, and what do you think would happen if I had a prang on the street........huge problem

thats why I dont use on the street......anymore, my insurer just said they wouldnt be sure of the bodily injury coverage
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly

I have been trying to buy a mustang, but am a little turned off by the whole conversion factor.
Can they replicate the steering just like the factory mondi?
If so, who would you suggest.
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
My fear on a lot of this sort of car is not now but the what if scenario. When one gets belted in a prang, someone gets hurt I can see a can of worms all because of ADR's. And we all know what happens if a third party bodily injury insurer wants to examine further with some smart ass lawyer who will ask in court the car doesnt comply with ADR's so why should the insurer pay.
Sure I have rego on my 360CH, Tassie reg, and what do you think would happen if I had a prang on the street........huge problem

thats why I dont use on the street......anymore, my insurer just said they wouldnt be sure of the bodily injury coverage
Simple, insure with Shannon's.....they pay next to nothing on bodily injury, no matter what car or claim :D
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Simple, insure with Shannon's.....they pay next to nothing on bodily injury, no matter what car or claim :D

Can you explain that further? It doesn't make sense to me.
I love my car. Buy your own