Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sometimes I guess maybe. Most quote job prices and do what it takes.

Rohan quoted me once on a job $65k. I got it done quicker and better elsewhere for less than half.

The annoying thing is that even the highest priced ones have very variable quality.

I'll not share some ripper stories, but it would make your eyes bleed.

The other annoying thing us how some people pinch pennies, and squander thousands.

Hmmm, yeah OK, $65k would have to be a pretty special job then.

We did a Hot Rod a few years back and the paint was $65k but that was prepping everything and painting it, like Chassis, inside, outside, under, over, and everything had to be flat as and shiny as. But there was many thousands of hours that went into it.......

It's a shit industry to be in sometimes, on both sides of it too!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
A line description error and mistake, explained.

And anyway, I think you'll find he saved a LOT more than that!

You just don't get it do you?
I was using you simply because I was saving significantly on local prices. That was why I paid you the equivalent of 15 hours workshop labour for what should have been little more than perhaps  a dozen emails and a few phone calls. i.e A generous commission paid very happily when I could have crunched you given the envisaged time it would take. I was happy, you were happy with the negotiated deal. What I saved is totally and utterly irrelevant.

Your "simple line error and mistake" blamed on a 3rd party was incomprehensible. By claiming 25% spare parts duty on $27k of parts instead of the correct 5% you increased your $1500 commission by $5400......................total $6900.
If that wasn't bad enough anybody who imports parts in the course of their daily business would be aware that parts NEVER, EVER attract a 25% duty. I know it and I import them myself a few times a year. So you blamed it on a customs agent who does it for a living EVERY DAY. As if they wouldn't know FFS.

What really pisses me off is you keep suggesting that I really should be grateful that I saved so much money (about $25k or so as I recall), so why the fuck am I complaining that you got caught padding your commission??? I mean seriously WTF ????????

Oh, and why is it that I never, ever saw any supplier invoices to document the prices you quoted? Why is it that I never saw any import documentation to support fees and taxes charged? Why no proof of communication from Customs agent to support your assertion that it was them who f'd up?  Interesting no?  Read into that what you will !

All of this could be easily cleared up by providing copies of the documentation which you have to keep by law. As they are not forthcoming I can only conclude they would support my gut feeling that there might be some more "mistakes" in your favour in there somewhere.

Prove me wrong and I will happily apologize. If not there are a lot of people wondering about the situation.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Sometimes I guess maybe. Most quote job prices and do what it takes.

Rohan quoted me once on a job $65k. I got it done quicker and better elsewhere for less than half.

The annoying thing is that even the highest priced ones have very variable quality.

I'll not share some ripper stories, but it would make your eyes bleed.

The other annoying thing us how some people pinch pennies, and squander thousands.

Rohan has got some ripper stories about you that have a similar storyline to mine. I won't go into them though as I wasn't personally involved. Terrible shame the parties in that 348 saga haven't posted about it. That's a story that would make your eyes bleed.

Again you infer that I pinch pennies by complaining about your $5400 padding of your commission; but choose to waste thousands of my own money doing whatever the hell I feel like with it?  You wonder why I get so riled up over this?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Instead of whining to the mods and getting all this deleted again, why not just prove me wrong or sue me? That would be fun :)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
25%  :p

Now if *I* had posted that, I'd have been put through the wringer.

lol

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
25%  :p

ooops...I just read the rest of the thread. See what you started? :)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Back on topic, I like this pic. :)

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I explained already.

I misinterpreted import costs as a whole, and itemized it as duty in an email.

I compounded the mistake by doing that.

But, what you actually paid was correct fair and reasonable, let's not gloss over that.

And as I said already, there were multiple suppliers, changes of mind, changes of price, this order took 6 Fucking months to compile and process, and there's currency fluctuations too.

The prices were all IN ADVANCE ESTIMATES not landed invoiced amounts.

I'm very curious about the 348 rumours. I only heard through the jungle drums about any of it. The people ACTUALLY involved with the car and  scenario never had a real problem.

The owner went AWOL for about 4 years. I stored the car and serviced it and did some repairs and tried to sell it for him at his request before he went AWOL. Then he returned, I bought the car from him and sold it. He then went AWOL again making it hard to pay him by his chosen method. Finally, he returned again and got paid without delay or problem once contact was reestablished. It's really very simple simple.

Rumour mongers made massive amounts of bullshit up.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

I was using you simply because I was saving significantly on local prices. That was why I paid you the equivalent of 15 hours workshop labour for what should have been little more than perhaps  a dozen emails and a few phone calls. i.e A generous commission paid very happily when I could have crunched you given the envisaged time it would take. I was happy, you were happy with the negotiated deal. What I saved is totally and utterly irrelevant..

Yes, I pre agreed that, and despite taking 6 months and more like 100 emails etc, I kept to the pre agreed price.

You paid the correct amount in the end.

Tell me something. If it was so easy and quick... Why not just do it yourself?

And I repeat that Duty had been 10% until very recently, so your claim about my "pad" is not even remotely accurate even if it were a deliberate act, which it wasn't.