Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Just came back from AAMI stadium with my mate in a black duco'd car. At the first set of lights we both nearly shat our pants when we saw a large huntsman scurry across the windscreen!  Luckily it was outside. All the way back we saw it scurrying around but by the time we got home, could not see it! Ended up getting some Flyspray and he emptied the whole can spraying every sill and gap available, almost icing the vehicle in Flyspray!! Needless to say we are both arachnaphobic, him probably more than me!
The worry now is if it will damage the paintwork but I guess he should find out tomorrow morning!

In retrospect it was hilarious watching 2 grown ups being so afraid of something the size of your palm and even more hilarious watching the icing of a black car!!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Lol Huntsman can not kill an adult, same as daddy long legs (which actually eat other spiders so keep them around if you are truly worried about being bitten by something dangerous), jumping spiders and most other spiders. Generally you should stay away from anything black, anything with bright colours especially if the bright colour is on a majority black colour, anything with what looks like a tail.

Then again if unsure spray first ask questions later. Lol
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Years ago I had a huntsman crawl up my leg as i was driving.

Quickly pulled up, opened the door..nearly got taken off by a passing car and flung it off my knee outside the car.

Moral of the story, never leave your sunroof open.

A few weeks ago whilst driving my old van, i had a huntsman crawl across the windscreen.  Inside the car!

Pickup up my wallet and squashed it as it reached the rear view mirror.  Had to clean the gunk off my wallet.

Been bitten by a redback 3 times. 
1st time really shit myself, though i was going to die.
Was home alone, called poisons info hotline  and they told me about the symptoms to watch for.
Felt sick for a few days, but then ok.

Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline cel

Ugh, getting the shivers while reading this... the one thing I don't like in Australia, all those deadly little creatures we didn't have back home!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Ugh, getting the shivers while reading this... the one thing I don't like in Australia, all those deadly little creatures we didn't have back home!

My kids look for this shit.... :D

I guess their father picking everything up that moves doesn't help though but the missus kills everything that moves :irked:

One of the many things I love about Oz :mischief:

Offline cazna52

• Drives: Lotus Esprit Turbo
  • Name: Justin
I remember once I was driving along Monavale Road and a big black spider ran into my field of view on the inside of my roof. It scared the hell out of me but I managed to pull over without crashing.
The spider crawled under my sun visor so I slammed the visor against the roof hoping to kill it, but it jumped out, fell between my legs and ran under my seat. Naturally I jumped out of the car doing a sissy dance despite being pretty sure the spider was in the car not on me. I spent quite a while looking for it not really wanting to drive the car with the spider hiding somewhere under me but I couldn't find it so I had to drive about 20 minutes home wondering where the spider was or if I was going to get bitten.

Once I got back near home I went to Coles and bought one of those "bombs" that are supposed to treat several rooms with pesticide and out in the car park I put it in my car, pressed the button and closed the door (with me outside). The car was so thick with pesticide and it was leaking out in a few places but I wanted to make sure that bastard was dead. I got a lot of strange looks from people walking past and had to wait about an hour after opening all the doors before I could drive home and even then I felt a bit dizzy.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Naturally I jumped out of the car doing a sissy dance despite being pretty sure the spider was in the car not on me.

LOL ... that was worth reading just for that line....

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
LOL ... that was worth reading just for that line....
:thumbsup:

Rang my mate today - apparently he washed the car the next morning and no damage apparent from the flyspray - if anything it was quite an oily residue. Probably works as rustproofing for the car now??  :scratchchin:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Sydney restaurant recommendations cel Today at 22:45
[ Cars ] HEARING AIDS cjay Today at 19:44
[ Off Topic ] The SA BS thread dkabab Today at 19:22
[ Cars ] Maserati Gransport Keys dodger Today at 19:06
[ Cars ] Spotted thread jmillard308 Today at 18:57
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante shack Today at 18:35
[ BMW M Power ] BMW 8 Series Concept JPG Today at 18:33
[ Maserati Videos ] Maserati Granturismo used as BAIT Car! Paulstar Today at 14:49
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes PA Today at 12:55