Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
My only other injury worthy of mention. Hosted myself a cocktail party a few years back. So after I had imbibed in a few girly drinks I was in fine form, and came in off the patio to find some girls dancing in the lounge room. Thought I'd have a bit of this! lol.

Picked up one of my friends around the waist and put her over my shoulder. I didn't happen to notice that she had a drink in her hand at this time (can't think why haha), so going over my shoulder the drink ended up on the tiles at my feet. So after a few spins around in circles (as you do) I slowed to put her down but hit the puddle of drink and my feet went out from underneath me. As I still had hold of her knees I didn't have a hand to put out so the first think to come into contact with the tiles was right between my eyes, closely followed by my friends knees.

Funny enough I had had just the right amount of girly drinks that I felt no pain but still had the nuance to place my hand under my nose to check for blood (thinking I had probably broken it) but nope no blood there (thought great!!) but then noticed the blood dripping on the floor. I proceeded to the bathroom with my hands over my face (don't want blood on the carpet) and after scaring the hell out of a few girls with my blood triangle from forehead to jaw, washed my face and got plunked in the empty bath whilst others tried to decided what to do with me. I refused to go to hospital (it was 10pm) as nothing was broken. First there were some icepacks, then a rather large gauze pad that block my entire vision once taped around my head, then eventually it was decided that a few bandaids would suffice.

So after sitting in the bath for half an hour giggling like a schoolgirl everytime someone came in the bathroom then left a paler shade of white, I was discharged and continued on with the party. Even had time for a swim! Until I was ordered out for bleeding in the pool.

Next morning I woke with a slight thud in the very rear of my head (and I meant only slight, I couldn't believe it), sporting two rather nasty gashes. Four days later they started to get a bit red so took myself off to the doctors where he asked if I had got stitches (whoops), and then had to prescribe antibiotics to kill the infection setting in.

Took a little while to heal, whilst I had to tell clients at work that I slipped running around the pool, lol. I still sport a scar on the side of my nose that gets prominent during the cold.

Anyway heres a couple of photos first of me in the bath with the girl I dropped (who couldn't walk for 2 days afterward as her knees were so bruised) and then the next morning. And yes it was a Hawaiian party before you ask about the shirt.

Also this happened a 2 weeks before I took my now fiance on our first date. Told her parents the slipping around the pool story too.

Online fivesix

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Do muscle injuries count?

So I'm lying in bed this morning and as usual my necks a bit stiff, so turn to the right to try and crack it. Lo and behold a muscle in the left side of my neck goes spastic. So now I can't turn my head to the left! Lucky it was a day off work. So off to the physio where she decides that the muscles are so tight she needs to apply a heat pack and then put some acupunture needles in. The muscle above my clavicle then proceeds to bend the needles on her first 2 attempts. Finally she gets one in. I now have limited movement to the side, usually coinciding with a stab of pain in the middle of my neck.

Back to the physio in a couple of days if it doesn't get better. And everyone thinks it hilarious to start talking to me whilst standing behind me to the left!

Offline safcths mito

• Drives: alot
  • Name: Wierdo
 :shut: :shut: :shut: :shut: that would hurt  :biting:
Power!!!

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
sliced my finger open today trying to stab a hole in a book they slipped and cut through the top of my finger. i asked for a hole punch, they didnt have one, i get back and there is one on my desk =.=
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Just had a skin cancer removed from my left temple on Monday..... :grumpy:

Not life threatening by the way.....I am told it's the best skin cancer to have, per say :rolleyes:

P.S. & yes, I am normally bald.... :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You were warned about over exposure to the Mondi!!!!!

And that was only a few hours!     :D

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I wondered why I had a pounding headache after dinner.... :scratchchin: :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

AMG Tattoo on the back of the head?????

:D

:sorry:

Offline M308

• Degranged