Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline M500

I have a god brother who's collection would top that!

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Anyone looking to add to their collection!!!    :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250860276311&Category=83718

No thanks, I like pretending I have a life.  A collection like this would make that harder.   :D

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I had a border about 10 years ago that raised $25k for his house deposit by selling "some" of his Star Wars collection. He had the second ever Storm Trooper suit that was sold to the public as his prized possesion. He kept that.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Chewy says

buy !  buy !

I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline dkabab

firend of mine had a huge collection of star wars stuff, all still in boxes, worth ~$150k today...

so about 10-12 years ago, the collection was at his parents house, his mum decided to clean out his old room and all the old 'junk'. put an ad in the paper saying, old star wars toys, $100 for the lot.

she had people calling her from 6am wanting to come down and pay cash then and there, she told them to come at 9.... at 9 she had a bunch of people waiting at the front door who took all the stuff and gave her the $100.

my friend didnt find out about this until about 6 months later, when he went over there and asked where all his collection was....

he didnt speak to his mum for about 2 years.

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
firend of mine had a huge collection of star wars stuff, all still in boxes, worth ~$150k today...

so about 10-12 years ago, the collection was at his parents house, his mum decided to clean out his old room and all the old 'junk'. put an ad in the paper saying, old star wars toys, $100 for the lot.

she had people calling her from 6am wanting to come down and pay cash then and there, she told them to come at 9.... at 9 she had a bunch of people waiting at the front door who took all the stuff and gave her the $100.

my friend didnt find out about this until about 6 months later, when he went over there and asked where all his collection was....

he didnt speak to his mum for about 2 years.

My father had the same thing done to him by his mother back in the late 1950's with a stamp collection which would now be worth an absolute mint   :doh:

Offline dkabab

My father had the same thing done to him by his mother back in the late 1950's with a stamp collection which would now be worth an absolute mint   :doh:

my grandma had a book of stamps as thick as the yellow pages, but no-one knows where its gone... i dont think its worth a mint, but it could be worth something...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Holy Crap!!!!!!    :argh:

My good friend in Texas, Ricky, has a full Storm Trooper suit in a Glass case on display in his Games room. It was supposed to be used in the movie originally. He has had many stupid offers for it and has refused them all. He has even had to up security on his house due to several break ins just to grab it!!!!    :boggled: :eek:

He also has an original Ewok custom as well.   :p   

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
my grandma had a book of stamps as thick as the yellow pages, but no-one knows where its gone... i dont think its worth a mint, but it could be worth something...

All that postage, it's probably still just cruisin the world, man.