Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
How are we?

An emoticon isn't a reason either lol.

Immigration at the moment is a joke, anyone can come in, the student visa thing isn't much of a problem, the rules for that is being tightened as we speak, (i'm not against curbing immigration numbers, only positive contributers to society should be let in just like what most other nations do, at the moment we let in any tom, dick and mustafa, most of which as you said leech of the country). Our birth:death rates are about to turn into regative numbers so at this point in time Dicks plan to restrict Australians from having the number of children they want will place Australia in a very tough time financially in 20 years time as the aging population reaches it's peak.

We had 168,623 permanent immigrants come last year, and 20,000 migration last year. You can't just reduce the number of immigration because of pure numbers, you have to select the good ones and reject the leechers, by doing this the immigration number will fall by it self.

The country can hold much more people, but we can not hold these people if they are all welfare bums and draining on society. The govenrment has been pushing population growth to an extreme that basically gives money to shit kickers to have babies and breed more shit kickers, and nearly anyone who applies for an immigration permit gets one even if they don't have proof of age, history ect....
We can not support a huge increase in our 5 Major cities, but we can easily acomodate a huge population if it is spread out through regional areas of the east coast and north.

What Dick should have said is we should be selective of who comes in and that todays govenrment should be doing more to spread our population and not confine them into the 5 major cities. The northern areas of Australia can acomodate much more people than the southern states like SA and southern and central WA, yet the government doesn't develop these areas for anything useful.

Everyone has their own ideas, but I got a HD in my views and my ideas and concepts are now with the regional population and federal planners being assessed from an environmental and economical view for sustainability and growth. Dick can only be right if the Government sits on their hands for the next 30 years (like they have been doing) and do nothing. WHere as if the government actually forms a plan of attack and creates incentives for Satellite cities to grow and other regional centres, this not only means we can support a much larger population without putting too much pressure on essential natural resources, as well as creating a stronger economy that isn't reliant on the mining boom in WA which will not last for ever, and possibly create less congested major cities that arn't as effected by drought times which is a way of life in Australia.

Dick may have just been taken out of context and the journo just wrote the key ideas of what he was saying (as Dick has always pushed for propper planning and growth, except for the last few years where he seems to either be talking for the sake of media exposure or he is being taken out of context (which is more likely). Not very Australian to force people not to have the family size they want, maybe he is tunring into a Commie?
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

How the fuck have you guys got time to sit down and write these fucking Essays??????   :boggled:

:p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

How the fuck have you guys got time to sit down and write these fucking Essays??????   :boggled:
 :p

Cut and paste :cool:

Offline schmengo

• Drives: E63 AMG BiTurbo and X5M

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I am not Mr Forrests' PA I am his Administrative Assistant, thank you very much.

An emoticon isn't a reason either lol.

Immigration at the moment is a joke, anyone can come in, the student visa thing isn't much of a problem, the rules for that is being tightened as we speak.,

Our birth:death rates are about to turn into regative numbers so at this point in time Dicks plan to restrict Australians from having the number of children they want will place Australia in a very tough time financially in 20 years time as the aging population reaches it's peak.

They say the rules on students are being changed but they weren't supposed to be staying here after they finished their studies in the first place. I dont trust that being tightened properly.

I added to my emoticon, feel free to go back and have another look.
The aging population is the problem we should be adapting to not increasing population and putting too much pressure on our resources. Bringing in more immigrants is a stop gap measure by economists and will lead to a bigger aging population problem in 40 years time when those immigrants age.

Everyone we add to Australia increases demand on our limited resources, increases inflation and lowers our standard of living.

Instead of overpopulating as a measure to cover the aging population in the short term why not adapt and find a better solution?

Offline schmengo

Does "Administrative Assistant" mean you stay back after hours and put in some time under the desk with the boss?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Does "Administrative Assistant" mean you stay back after hours and put in some time under the desk with the boss?

:D :D :p she didnt type this one  ;)

Offline schmengo

I've got a mate who was a top exec at a Fortune 500 company, he used to say that "PA" stood for "panties away", that was until he got found out and his wife threw him out and took most of his possessions!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I've got a mate who was a top exec at a Fortune 500 company, he used to say that "PA" stood for "panties away", that was until he got found out and his wife threw him out and took most of his possessions!

:doh:
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!