Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

In the medical field they are now printing body tissue that is cloned from the recipient so there will be virtually no chance of rejection. (If there is no chance of rejection I might get a whole woman printed or at least part).

:scratchchin:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
wow... remember... printed in one go... no assembly required!! <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ts1yx7vq4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ts1yx7vq4</a>

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

RAF jets fly with 3D printed parts.

UK fighter jets have flown for the first time with parts made using 3D printing technology.

BAE Systems said the metal components were successfully used on board Tornado aircraft that flew from the defence firm's airfield at Warton, Lancashire late last month.

The company said its engineers are using 3D technology to design and produce parts which could cut the Royal Air Force's maintenance and service bill by over STG1.2 million ($A2.23 million) over the next four years.

BAE Systems is working at RAF Marham, Norfolk to engineer ready-made parts for four squadrons of Tornado GR4 aircraft, including protective covers for cockpit radios and guards for power take-off shafts. Some of the parts cost less than STG100.

Mike Murray, head of airframe integration at BAE Systems, said: "You are suddenly not fixed in terms of where you have to manufacture these things. You can manufacture the products at whatever base you want, providing you can get a machine there, which means you can also start to support other platforms such as ships and aircraft carriers.

"And if it's feasible to get machines out on the front line, it also gives improved capability where we wouldn't traditionally have any manufacturing support."
Source link.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

3D printed Cosyflex underwear ...

http://www.tamicare.com/

Super scary this 3D printing!!

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I think 3d printing of perfectly fitting clothing will be massive.
Needs to be combined with full body scans, which you own and can upload to any manufacturer online who then print and send you clothes.
I can't wait.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I think 3d printing of perfectly fitting clothing will be massive.
Needs to be combined with full body scans, which you own and can upload to any manufacturer online who then print and send you clothes.
I can't wait.

I'd hate to know what Mondi would be ordering

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Saw a demo of full body scan using a standard laptop and some software. Photoshop was then used to "clean up" the scan. This was then output directly to a 3D printer. So already here :)

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Saw a demo of full body scan using a standard laptop and some software. Photoshop was then used to "clean up" the scan. This was then output directly to a 3D printer. So already here :)

Part body scans plus 3D printing in the form of stereolithography has been here for a while.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I would print an Army of Mondi's..........

Shit that even scares me!    :eek: