goober

anyine got any idea of the pros and cons of the i phone......is it worth it?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Get Peter and Alec in here for this one....

edit: have sent them the topic.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

anyine got any idea of the pros and cons of the i phone......is it worth it?

Pros - looks good and packed with features.

Cons - big for a phone and Telstra don't support it.

Is it worth it?  Not yet if you want decent coverage or like to carry your phone in your jeans.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

I don't know anything about it, but this caught my eye yesterday:

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,23890067-15306,00.html

Telstra to sell 3G iPhone

IN a case of better late than never, Telstra, the gorilla of the telco market, will come to Apple's iPhone launch party but may lag its rivals by almost two weeks with the handset.
Telstra will join Optus and Vodafone in launching the new 3G version of Apple's new iPhone in July and Telstra chief Sol Trujillo may make an announcement next week.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
guys, i have had the 16gig Iphone for a few months now and think it is worth it, i am one of the "high-tech" kids :P, 18 and at uni. i love the wireless, most of my communications are via e-mail, the fact that i have all my e-mails on my phone the same way they are shown on my computer, not shortened or as sms's are on other phones is great. having wireless internet at home, the moment i am in range it connects and checks e-mail and all that, having wireless at most of my cousins and uncles homes the moment i go there it connects automatically, same as when i am at uni and when in the city i am usually in range of an Internode hot-spot. Also having Safari on the phone allows you to goto any webpage and view it the same as if you were on you PC.

I have my whole timetable on the phone that when connected to my computer it syncs so it is always upto date if i adjust one the other one is updated, having a 15 min walk to uni each day from my car i simply put the headphones in and play my music.

Being 16 gig i can get all the photos i want on the phone, and viewing them is so easy, Have to say it is not a Camera phone, it has a camera, but not really that good....  dropped it the other day from about 1.5m onto cement by accident and only a very small scratch on it. very surprised, my old nokia N70 would have had the back snap and fly off in 10 different directions.

oh and google maps is alright, have to be connected to wireless to use it but i did the nerd thing and downloaded all of Adelaide on my computer and put it on the phone so i can view all of adelaide when i am not connected to the wireless.

can't think of any other stuff that may interest you guys, ask questions and i shall answer..

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I don't know anything about it, but this caught my eye yesterday:

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,23890067-15306,00.html

Cool.  Now your only question is, do I want to carry a PDA sized phone everywhere.  I'm on the fence on this one, but I'll probably order one and try it for a while. 

I hope it lasts longer than my Blackberry that went back after 2 days - and got very sick of having emails in my pocket.

I use a regular Nokia and synch it with my Outlook calendar so I know what I'm doing tomorrow.  It depends what you want your phone for - for me, coverage, bluetooth and portabilty are everything

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86

i have to say no.... i have had the N70 in my pocket and the Iphone being slim feels allot better in the pocket then that, i also had a go with the new nokia E60 or something like that, and yet again both being slim but the iphone felt like it wasn't there :S

and mentioning the bluetooth, it is great, i know most of yo guys most probably use it the same as me, when ever i get into my car it connects automatically and works with the phone book in my car so i press 1 and ring and it phones home...

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
the new 3G iphone that's coming out with inbuilt GPS will be the duck's guts AND is likely to be supported by telstra in the very near future

(apparently)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline M500

Looks good, lots of features, but... would I own it?

Not sure, I like my Sony 880i because it is very small and thin, is not intrusive and most of all I dont eally want heaps of features that I probably wont use after the first week. My phone works well woth the BMW IDrive, is not difficult to use, and the battery lasts for a long time - for me, this is all I need.

I phone is great but not for me I think