Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
one thing i thought i could like with was not having MMS when i switched to the Iphone, but after 2 weeks i noticed how manny i get and got slightly pissed at it. Googled a few things and found an application that i installed on the phone that allows me to send and view MMS's.... sorta fixed the problem but it isn't an apple program, some program that a random created..

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
hehe just found how to connect my phone to my wlan. Kinda of useless at home as i could just use my puter. But i wonder if it would work at hotspots

goober

one thing i thought i could like with was not having MMS when i switched to the Iphone, but after 2 weeks i noticed how manny i get and got slightly pissed at it. Googled a few things and found an application that i installed on the phone that allows me to send and view MMS's.... sorta fixed the problem but it isn't an apple program, some program that a random created..

a random like ash

Offline STi Nut

hehe just found how to connect my phone to my wlan. Kinda of useless at home as i could just use my puter. But i wonder if it would work at hotspots

i use it when in the city, find a hot spot in a cafe, sit, order a coffee while waiting for someone and works the same as when on laptop, open safari and it takes you to the login page, click in you username and pass and works great.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

you just discovered this? if that's the case, then i don't think you're the person anyone should be looking to for advice on smartphones!!

I love my car. Buy your own

goober

you just discovered this? if that's the case, then i don't think you're the person anyone should be looking to for advice on smartphones!!

who should we ask.............fface..........he would just lie

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

How and what was it, I would love to install this to my iphone, as I said earlier it gives me the shits with my surepage texts that don't arrive with the number in MMS that I can just touch and it dials the number of the person that has just left me a message through surepage advice.

It is interesting that any messages sent by others to me as a text message with a phone number attached, it appears as an MMS message I think and I can just touch the screen and it dials the number, but surepage messages which are sent as texts I can not do it.

Hopefully your found application will fix this for me, really the only thing wrong for me.
Keep Smiling

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam

True I did actually know it could do it, just hadn't been bother as I usually just get on the computer.

Offline STi Nut

How and what was it, I would love to install this to my iphone, as I said earlier it gives me the shits with my surepage texts that don't arrive with the number in MMS that I can just touch and it dials the number of the person that has just left me a message through surepage advice.

It is interesting that any messages sent by others to me as a text message with a phone number attached, it appears as an MMS message I think and I can just touch the screen and it dials the number, but surepage messages which are sent as texts I can not do it.

Hopefully your found application will fix this for me, really the only thing wrong for me.

assuming that you have the "installer" on you iphone, it came on mine.... find the program called "SwirlyMMS" you will need to know the settings for you server, i am with vodafone and used the ones on his website,

Vodafone (Australia)
MMSC: pxt.vodafone.net.au/pxtsend
Proxy: 10.202.2.60:8080
MMS-APN: live.vodafone.com
Username: empty
Password: empty
Reference: Craig Hair and Josh Goes. Thx Mates!
swirlyspace.com/

i don't know the telstra/optus ones but you will need them to get it to work....

once you have done that yo can send MMS's but still not view them, you then install "iMMESS" that works with Swirly and allows you to view them, a bit complicated. from my understanding is that the new version 1.0 of swirly will have a view/send function, but for now you need the 2 additional programs. there is an interesting issue aswell, i have a friend who has a 16gig iphone identical to mine, has most of the same programs and stuff on it but for some reason he can't seem to view MMS's when he gets them, but can send them....

Hope that helps in some way...

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

assuming that you have the "installer" on you iphone, it came on mine.... find the program called "SwirlyMMS" you will need to know the settings for you server, i am with vodafone and used the ones on his website,
swirlyspace.com/

i don't know the telstra/optus ones but you will need them to get it to work....

once you have done that yo can send MMS's but still not view them, you then install "iMMESS" that works with Swirly and allows you to view them, a bit complicated. from my understanding is that the new version 1.0 of swirly will have a view/send function, but for now you need the 2 additional programs. there is an interesting issue aswell, i have a friend who has a 16gig iphone identical to mine, has most of the same programs and stuff on it but for some reason he can't seem to view MMS's when he gets them, but can send them....

Hope that helps in some way...

Thanks for that, I have downloaded both swirlyMMS and iMMESS and can now send mms. Need to check the receive side later.

So far the optus surepage thing still doesn't receive in MMS, guess I will have to wait until July 11 or soon after as I can't believe they won't fix it then, still thanks a million for helping on the MMS.

I couldn't believe how many downloadable apps there are on the built in installer, there must be 100's,  Pete, there goes one of your cons, I reckon there is bound to be a third party cut & paste app there somewhere, I also agree the touch screen is a must for me now I have used one. I just did an Aussie google search and got the proxies etc for Optus - easy, when Optus couldn't give them to me as they say they don't yet support iphone.

I also reckon the "seven biggest disappointments" is a set up from an opposing manufacturer, how would they know what the new 3G phone can do, it hasn't even been released in the US yet, not until July 11, all around the world including the US is the same date. If I as a non techno could download the MMS, then there is probably everything else available is secondary apps. Apple is openly inviting secondary apps to be developed, they have specifically included in even the previous generation installer software to enable it.
Keep Smiling