Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Thanks for that, I have downloaded both swirlyMMS and iMMESS and can now send mms. Need to check the receive side later.

So far the optus surepage thing still doesn't receive in MMS, guess I will have to wait until July 11 or soon after as I can't believe they won't fix it then, still thanks a million for helping on the MMS.

I couldn't believe how many downloadable apps there are on the built in installer, there must be 100's,  Pete, there goes one of your cons, I reckon there is bound to be a third party cut & paste app there somewhere, I also agree the touch screen is a must for me now I have used one. I just did an Aussie google search and got the proxies etc for Optus - easy, when Optus couldn't give them to me as they say they don't yet support iphone.

I also reckon the "seven biggest disappointments" is a set up from an opposing manufacturer, how would they know what the new 3G phone can do, it hasn't even been released in the US yet, not until July 11, all around the world including the US is the same date. If I as a non techno could download the MMS, then there is probably everything else available is secondary apps. Apple is openly inviting secondary apps to be developed, they have specifically included in even the previous generation installer software to enable it.

good to hear that it worked for you, just a quick note, the "installer" is not actually a built in thing, when the phone is "hacked" to allow it to work in Australia they put the program on the phone, it isn't actually on the phone out of the box, just incase people thought that.... but there will be an "APP STORE" on the new 2.0 version where people can download games and other programs but i am not sure if you can get the same installer apps, some of the installer apps actually change the codes of the phone... what apple don't want you to do..... will be interesting to see what kind of programs will be on the apple app store....

Also as far as i know there isn't actually a way to cut and paste, no program is out for that YET.....

an issue that no one has mentioned is the Bluetooth, you cant send data, such as photos or music via bluetooth to other phones, or even sync it to your mac laptop via bluetooth like i used to do with my nokia. from my understanding the "protocols"  or something that are programed into the phone that handle the bluetooth are set in a way that won't allow this, thats why there isn't a program in installer for this...

goober

i wrote to Nokia 3 years ago to make a phone that can also have the ability to act as a tape measure (electronically) they never got back to me, just imagine its use in the building industry................digital readout up to 10 metres accurate to .1mm, it would save on the old tape measure, the readout can be sent to architects via sms along with a mms picture....................sounds a good concept

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

They already have laser measures that do that.... but I guess you knew that.

In the end iphones won't suit everyone, if not those people will just buy something else, like anything else.
Keep Smiling

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i wrote to Nokia 3 years ago to make a phone that can also have the ability to act as a tape measure (electronically) they never got back to me, just imagine its use in the building industry................digital readout up to 10 metres accurate to .1mm, it would save on the old tape measure, the readout can be sent to architects via sms along with a mms picture....................sounds a good concept

I sent you an email about a product that does most of that a few months back.

goober

I sent you an email about a product that does most of that a few months back.

yeah but in a phone

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

yeah but in a phone

Well - if you really think there's a market for it then bankroll it and make a $billion.  I'll do the R&D.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Well - if you really think there's a market for it then bankroll it and make a $billion.  I'll do the R&D.

i can help, i think all we will need is a laser measuring device, a phone and some electrical tape......

goober

had the idea yonks ago.........................just integrate a measuring device in a robust phone that can handle a D9 dozer or back hoe

the builders will snap them up

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

had the idea yonks ago.........................just integrate a measuring device in a robust phone that can handle a D9 dozer or back hoe

the builders will snap them up

Everyone has $billion dollar ideas, few take it to fruition.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

some interesting reading...if the article is accurate, i'm totally turned off the iphone but I'm hoping the article is inaccurate about :

- the iphone can only d/l full emails; how silly is it that the user can't set how many kb of the email should be d/l initially? This could be an expensive exercise as some emails are huge! i find this too bad to be true as it would be the biggest killer for me.

- possibility it may not hook up to bluetooth handsfree kit in cars; another killer, no hands free capability then no way I can use this and I'm not going to get an aftermarket kit to make it work.

- no cut and paste; WTF??? not a real killer but a major inconvinience.

http://apcmag.com/top_10_reasons_to_hate_the_iphone_3g.htm