Offline app

http://store.apple.com/au/browse/holiday/shopping_event?aid=www-HomePage-BlackFriday-DayOf

Has anyone noticed Apple has its annual one-day only sale on today?

Looked on there as I was interested in a MacBook pro but the discount is only $121 for the bottom of the range!

Absolutely pathetic.

I can't believe how pathetic the discounts are for its one only day per year event. I suppose Apple can do it because the demand is there.

Only reason I have never bought an Apple product, apart from the iPhone if you consider that, is because of how excessively overpriced it is. A bottom of the range MacBook pro is almost the price of two laptops.

I know many other people who don't buy Apple products but would if it was cheaper. I wonder if making it cheaper do as to sell higher volume would lead to higher sales than higher price and lower volume?

Offline dkabab

$121 is a good discount. 18 months ago, people were rushing in from everywhere to save 16% off computers, it was huge, never seen before. Now people won't buy unless there's a minimum 40% off and 'what else are you going to thow in for free'

Offline app

$121 is a good discount. 18 months ago, people were rushing in from everywhere to save 16% off computers, it was huge, never seen before. Now people won't buy unless there's a minimum 40% off and 'what else are you going to thow in for free'

Good discount? It's less than 10%. 15-20% and I think about jumping. This is Apple we are talking about, the most overpriced tech brand, so even at 15% it's not all that great given whats out there.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
I think their profits go towards future recalls.

I was given an Ipod when I left the UK some 5 years ago.  Some how they tracked me down 2 weeks ago and said that the ipod was faulty and that they would replace with a new version under their recall program.  Very simple process where Apple sends you a bar code which you then get scanned by the Post Office.  PO then sends off ipod and new ipod issued. Every movement is tracked via the Apple website.

... or is this one big scam which I'm not aware of - as I am getting old and senile.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline Paulstar

I think their profits go towards future recalls.

I was given an Ipod when I left the UK some 5 years ago.  Some how they tracked me down 2 weeks ago and said that the ipod was faulty and that they would replace with a new version under their recall program.  Very simple process where Apple sends you a bar code which you then get scanned by the Post Office.  PO then sends off ipod and new ipod issued. Every movement is tracked via the Apple website.

... or is this one big scam which I'm not aware of - as I am getting old and senile.

I read about it in the paper, I think its legit.