Offline a.taylor

http://springpadit.com/ might be of interest, probably not quite as lightweight as you're looking for but it does the syncing well.

I was looking for similar recently but without the cloud.. I did however see references to exactly what you're after so it is in the market somewhere.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://springpadit.com/ might be of interest, probably not quite as lightweight as you're looking for but it does the syncing well.

Yeah, already looks like it's trying to be *too* smart.

I don't need scheduling, offers, "relevant" links, alerts, auto-sorting, nothing!

All I want is a subject and a body that is highly responsive, and does the syncing flawlessly in the background so I don't lose my data.

Ideally I'd like it to sync to a Google service.

Edit: having said that - the app itself looks useful for other stuff so I might check it out.

Offline a.taylor

I've got ColorNote on the tablet. Haven't looked into its syncing features. I don't think they sync to a google service but it can sync between multiple devices.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Looks like AK Notepad is what I'm looking for, simple interface of just subject lines you've written which you can tap which then goes to the body of the text, all nice and quick.

Also has passive organisation via #hashtags. :thumbsup:

I'd had this installed as soon as I got my HTC DHD, but never used it because the login process was a pain :doh:  but I've managed to log in now and all seems sweet.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

My phone couldn't open pdf files from delivery.

I didn't even think to look for an app for it until last week.

It downloaded in about 5 seconds and works perfectly.... I wonder why it wasn't on it from new though???

I'm still looking for a good PDF reader, I've got several books in PDF format and it's so annoying that so far out of the dozen or so I've tried not a single one app is able to both reflow the text AND maintain a bookmark, seriously is it that hard?

The Adobe reader is great at changing the text - as the format the books are in have big margins on the side and makes it nearly impossible to read at 100%, Adobe actually just turns it into text so you can read it like Kindle, BUT it doesn't have a bookmark mechanism or remember where you last were, so I have to keep a note in a separate app. :rolleyes:

The other dozen or so PDF reading apps, they do great at bookmarks, but they can't reflow the text.  You can zoom in so it fits the screen better, but then to move to the next page you have to zoom out again, too painful. :doh: