Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

My iPhone 3GS works perfectly but it drops its Bluetooth connection when I call Telstra Messagebank.  I've tried it on several cars and always the same outcome.  I'll try a restore but has anyone heard of this?  My IT guy thinks he saw something on a forum saying it is a "feature" of version 2 and later.

Offline M500

My iPhone 3GS works perfectly but it drops its Bluetooth connection when I call Telstra Messagebank.  I've tried it on several cars and always the same outcome.  I'll try a restore but has anyone heard of this?  My IT guy thinks he saw something on a forum saying it is a "feature" of version 2 and later.

Not really a solve but a solution of sorts...

Try Telstra "voice to text", it'll eliminate the need for Messagebank in most occasions & saves a heap of time also.

It is not always 100% accurate but you can get the general gist of what is being said. I have found it to be accurate with the important stuff like return phone numbers, etc

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Try Telstra "voice to text", it'll eliminate the need for Messagebank in most occasions & saves a heap of time also.

Guys at work get hilarious results with that - whenever the wife leaves a message she makes sure to add loads of random profanities peppered throughout. :D

Offline M500

Guys at work get hilarious results with that - whenever the wife leaves a message she makes sure to add loads of random profanities peppered throughout. :D

Agreed! Lots of laughs when words kind of work out of context. Reminds me of "Autocorrect Fail"

Offline CortinaD

4.0 had Bluetooth issues that I experienced and they went away with 4.1 update and thankfully as it was constantly dropping on all calls not just message bank.

Does it happen if you dial 101 directly from the car? Does it drop it but give you the option to transfer the audio to the car?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Does it happen if you dial 101 directly from the car? Does it drop it but give you the option to transfer the audio to the car?

It shows as an "invalid number" and won't call the number in the car either using the handset or the car's keypad.

Offline CortinaD

It shows as an "invalid number" and won't call the number in the car either using the handset or the car's keypad.

101 works on mine

I have a spare iPhone 4 and a spare 3GS telstra if you wanted to try another phone?

Edit: you said you had a few anyway.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

101 works on mine

I have a spare iPhone 4 and a spare 3GS telstra if you wanted to try another phone?

Edit: you said you had a few anyway.

I'll try it with a 4 - if it works, I'll use the excuse to upgrade.

Offline CortinaD

I'll try it with a 4 - if it works, I'll use the excuse to upgrade.

I have a heap of sims so don't pay for one of you do upgrade

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot