Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Why did Firefox get rid of the arrow thingy?  You know, the one you click on when you enter a URL.

When you go to a forum with pics on it, quite often the pics load-up after the page has, which means you're stuck with no idea where you are, so you click the arrow thingy and it takes you to the post you're meant to be at.

FF3 has done away with that it seems. :?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

At first I thought you were talking about Cooliris add on. Some of the old add on features have not been updated to V3.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Internet Exploder did it to with version 7 - the arrow button turns into a refresh button when the page is loaded.  wtf were they thinking? :mad:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

It updated to Flash 10 - now basically no sites work.

Had to uninstall Flash altogether. :irked:

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

Im having no problems with it at this stage... but i do miss that arrow your talking about
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Im having no problems with it at this stage... but i do miss that arrow your talking about

Yeah - you have to click in the URL bar then hit enter to do the same job. :?

I also find the way attachment text boxes automatically pop up the file browser annoying - I mean FFS there's a BROWSE button right next to it!  I upload a LOT of stuff, and quite often the files are sequentially numbered so I like to just copy/paste and edit the last number - but now when you click in there to edit, it pops up a file browser to select the files, another extra pointless step. :doh:

I think I might migrate to Chrome - FF has been good, but it's becoming worse than IE for problems and annoyances now.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways

Yeah - you have to click in the URL bar then hit enter to do the same job. :?

I also find the way attachment text boxes automatically pop up the file browser annoying - I mean FFS there's a BROWSE button right next to it!  I upload a LOT of stuff, and quite often the files are sequentially numbered so I like to just copy/paste and edit the last number - but now when you click in there to edit, it pops up a file browser to select the files, another extra pointless step. :doh:

I think I might migrate to Chrome - FF has been good, but it's becoming worse than IE for problems and annoyances now.

I found that browser pop up to upload problem the other night uploading here, i gave up after that, got frustrated.

I havnt tried Chrome, might have to give it a go

Offline dkabab

I use maxathon at home, its probably the most convenient browser Iíve used. Just click and drag on a link and it opens it in a new tab (I think this is getting more common)
Thereís the re-open tab button, where works like a history button of all the tabs you have closed recently.
I donít use any other browsers, so canít say if its better than others, but I tried FF3 when it was released and didnít like itÖ.. Probably cos it wasnít what I was used toÖ..

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways

You can open recently closed tabs in FF, but it only keeps 5 or so i think......

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Another annoyance since FF3 - open a new session and go to a site which might have stuff blocked from your work, like embedded imageshack pics or youtube vids... you no longer just shoo it away with a single click of the user/pass box that pops up - you have to do it for every embedded item. :irked:

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Help Me to Find Best Wedding Reception Venues Sydney? HIolemis1 Today at 14:04
[ Racing ] Australian GT series tdc911 Today at 13:01
[ British Cars ] RR Cullinan 360c Today at 11:12
[ BMW M Power ] BMW 8 Series Concept Alpinem3e92 Today at 09:49
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees 360c Today at 01:02
[ Racing ] ADAC Nurburgring 24 Hours tdc911 Yesterday at 22:05
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S mhh Yesterday at 21:24
[ Off Topic ] Music amgsl55 Yesterday at 21:03
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! amgsl55 Yesterday at 19:37
[ McLaren ] OFFICIAL - MCLAREN P1 JBO Yesterday at 18:48