Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

How can I burn and play music files on to DVD?  Exactly what program do I need?  Any experts here?  Is there a site with all the info?  TIA

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
you have MP3 files and you want to burn them onto a DVD to play on an MP3 Player? are you using a Mac or PC, if on a Mac i recommend "Toast" and for a PC i believe Nero is the best, hav't used a PC in a while but if i remember Nero is still the best.....

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I've used Nero and that worked fine, even Windows Explorer does the job.  Haven't done any burning for a couple years though so not sure what's out there now.

Whenever I needed conclusive info about MP3/AVI/DVD/burning/etc, the best resource I found was http://www.doom9.org - Google can be good, but in this case there's too much spam and viruses to filter through to get the real info, so I'd start with doom9 whenever needing info like this.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

you have MP3 files and you want to burn them onto a DVD to play on an MP3 Player?

No, I want to play them on a DVD player.  I have a DVD stacker in the new AMG (Ipod interface too but it it isn't as user friendly as I'd like)  My 911 has no ipod interface but plays DVDs - I think - so it would be handy for that too.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

My X has a DVD MP3 player too I think - I should try it sometime to see how it works.

But really - just using Windows Explorer you should be able to burn them just as plain files to DVD.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

My X has a DVD MP3 player too I think - I should try it sometime to see how it works.

But really - just using Windows Explorer you should be able to burn them just as plain files to DVD.

Er, how?  Or isn't it easily explained to a non-tech person?

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

It isn't too hard Mark.  I managed to do it and I am by no means a computer whizz.  I've got Vista which isn't the best, but I just used the help option and typed in burn a cd/dvd.  Followed the steps and succeeded. :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

In XP on the left there's like a blue bar - select the files you want and click "burn to cd/dvd" - or select them and right-click and I think the option is there too.  Haven't done it for ages, but pretty sure there's not much else to it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I can find the blue bar and the files.

It offers to burn to CD (been doing that for years), but not to convert to MP3 and burn to DVD so I can get multiple albums on a single disc.  How do I do that?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Oh - so your songs are still on CD's... aaah, I thought you already had MP3's of everything.

Need a "ripper" to do that.... wait - you've got an iPod, which means they should already be in MP3 format. :confused:  Don't know why you can't just basically burn the whole contents of the iPod to a DVD?

Sorry I don't have an iPod and haven't done this for years.  I thought there'd be an option in iTunes to copy them to a DVD....