Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Oh - so your songs are still on CD's... aaah, I thought you already had MP3's of everything.

Need a "ripper" to do that.... wait - you've got an iPod, which means they should already be in MP3 format. :confused:  Don't know why you can't just basically burn the whole contents of the iPod to a DVD?

Sorry I don't have an iPod and haven't done this for years.  I thought there'd be an option in iTunes to copy them to a DVD....

I have files saved in Itunes.

AFAIK, Itunes files aren't in MP3 format (protected AAC)and Itunes only seems to allow CD burn.

Edit: Thanks Ash - I found out how to do it in Itunes.  Now to find a way to get them into folders....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Still got problems.  :doh:

Using itunes - creating a playlist is fine, then set Data DVD as preference is no problem.  It writes all the files OK then says burn will take up to an hour.  A few minutes later, and the burn ends with only a few songs making it on the the DVD.  First time I got about 90 out of the 400 in the playlist.  Then I got just one song.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

suggest you google a way to convert itunes files to mp3. easier to then manage burning and you'll fit just under 1000 songs.

i've given up on itunes to do other things other than manage my ipod.

sorry that i can't help you with yer immediate issue.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

suggest you google a way to convert itunes files to mp3. easier to then manage burning and you'll fit just under 1000 songs.

i've given up on itunes to do other things other than manage my ipod.

sorry that i can't help you with yer immediate issue.

I've tried to find a program that will easily convert the files but can't find anything user friendly.  I'll keep looking.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

my bro suggested xilasoft to convert file formats

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I've never tried it so can't comment, but found this with a bit of searching: http://www.topvideopro.com/guide/how_to_convert_protected_m4v_m4p_aa_m4b.htm

Supposedly "plays" the music up to 27x speed and converts it on the fly - I don't know how it gets onto DVD from there whether you have to do it yourself or whatever.

Doing some searching on the subject, a lot of annoyed people out there about similar issues to this.

Offline CortinaD

MHH, under advanced, importing options in itunes, you can specify the format you want. Set it to mp3 (try checking VBR but the car might not like it), select all the files in your playlist and right click and go convert selection to mp3.

When you have done that, create a directory on your computer in explorer and select all the mp3 files in the playlist, drag them over into the directory then burn that directory.

Some programs I have used restrict the amount of files you can write into the root directory so this could be why you are only getting 90 on. In a directory, it should be unrestricted.

Offline CortinaD

The way to unprotect the files you have purchased on itunes is to burn to music CD, then insert that CD and import the songs as mp3.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks for the help guys.  I'll get there...  :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks for the help guys.  I'll get there...  :)

Got there using itunes.  Now have 800 tracks on my first DVD playing in the stacker in the AMG.  It is much easier to use than the Ipod interface in the car.

I'm still not sure how to burn downloads but at least I can get all my CD's on to DVD.