Offline carmooch

• Name: George
BAAAHAHAGSAAAHA

Now you know why AE isn't pretty, for some reason I gotta cater to those 100k IE users who popped in last month. :doh:
IE single-handedly doubles any developers workload, its an absolute joke!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

If it only doubles your workload your site is too simple. :doh:

IE6 is the OEM at my office. :?  I'm more an expert in workarounds than reacharounds nowadays.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Don't complain - get busy.  Until you are IE ready, you ain't done.  You want to reach the market, don't you?

Offline carmooch

Don't complain - get busy.  Until you are IE ready, you ain't done.  You want to reach the market, don't you?
We are already on the case.  :thumbsup:

It's actually pretty much just the home page that doesn't work well in IE, the rest of the site is basically unchanged.

Offline Paulstar

Just saw it in IE...have fun =) looks liek you have a few issues working against you there

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Apart from Ash of course ... developers who are too f*cking arrogant to test in IE for consumer sites sh|t me to tears.

When you pay him, do it in a currency that's not recognised in Australia, see if he gets the message.

C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Just saw it in IE...have fun =) looks liek you have a few issues working against you there

It looks like someone put in in a blender and spewed it up all over the screen!!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLreo24WYeQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLreo24WYeQ</a>

Offline carmooch

Apart from Ash of course ... developers who are too f*cking arrogant to test in IE for consumer sites sh|t me to tears.

When you pay him, do it in a currency that's not recognised in Australia, see if he gets the message.
Our developer did a great job, built the whole site from scratch on his own in under 3 months. The reason it wasn't tested is because this is the test. Remember this is is our beta launch right now to iron out all the bugs.

Offline hydie

A very nice looking front end George!  ;)

I notice that the blog link is still down, looking forward to see how you will intergrate this into the site..  :thumbsup:

How are you going to be advertising it mainly? Car forums to capture the audience..?

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Our developer did a great job, built the whole site from scratch on his own in under 3 months. The reason it wasn't tested is because this is the test. Remember this is is our beta launch right now to iron out all the bugs.

Right. A great job by the developer.

For him to have opened the site in IE takes about 3 seconds. To see it's a total abortion ... 3 milliseconds.

The web's a competitive place and you clearly want to make a buck off this. If anyone who'd seen the clusterf*ck of a homepage ever trusted the site in future to buy anything or to plug credit card details they'd be nuts.

C'mon, do it!