Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I find this quite interesting

I've been reading all week about the genius idea of setting up the site and charging retailers etc.
I've read sob stories from some smaller retailers who can't afford to participate.

Beyond the price to get on the site in the first place, I imagine the bigger participating retailers have large internal costs to acquire and discount stock, set up their own systems etc.

So if the whole things not working due to the inability of clickfrenzy to keep the gateway to the retailers up, just how much could they be looking at in damages?

I wonder what the contract terms specified

Online allanuber

• Name: Al

It's almost impossible to quantify damages.

The biggest complaints aren't actually about Click Frenzy's failure - they are that post waiting, getting excited, logging and and then getting through to the 'specials' .... that the special prices were pretty meh anyway.
C'mon, do it!

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
And the website apparently just directed you to the retailers to buy anyway - seems just a database building exercise.

Online TomE

And the website apparently just directed you to the retailers to buy anyway - seems just a database building exercise.

www.news.com.au just "Fired Click Frenzy" and posted links to the participating retailers.
"So we've put together a list of 30 online retailers with direct links to their specials. No Click Frenzy. No failure. No fuss. Just bargains

The funny thing is most of their links are just going to retail home sites and not to their specific deal sites.
 :confused:
As a media outlet they have really lost all credibility.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
The real issue is with Ultraserve who host Clickfrenzy as there where issues with Myer, Dick Smith, DJs and Bing Lee......also make sure you have the right contract and SLA's with your hosting partner folks!

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
As as I click on this thread it vanishes and I get error 404 - not found .  Click Frenzy has even stuffed AE  :irked:

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Racing ] Lola Larousse LC88 goober Today at 12:43
[ McLaren ] 675 LT Spider allanuber Today at 12:32
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! mondi Today at 10:44
[ Cars ] Supercar dealer article UK JBO Yesterday at 21:35
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Alpinem3e92 Yesterday at 16:24
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Tipping game mondi Yesterday at 10:27
[ Racing ] Seeking photos of Brian Ginger - died in 1993 London-Sydney Marathon Chicky01 Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 17:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast shack Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 16:57
[ Racing ] Australian GT series dkabab Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 13:32