Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ok we have this thread, and I'm working behind the scenes on a whole new site devoted to consumption, (and a long dormant site with Andre), but seeing FF's review thread ( http://aussieexotics.com/forum/off-topic/dock-31-restaurant-review-docklands-melbourne-not-happy-9943.0.html ) gaining so much traction, is it worth a whole new board here for food/wine/lifestyle stuff?

Obviously there's already loads of places online to praise/bitch about consumption products/services, but the chance to do so with likemindedish folks is limited.

I have the domain name www.backchat.com.au

Like the ABC show.

I was intending to use that where people could complain about anything or anyone, perhaps legal problems dunno.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I have the domain name www.backchat.com.au

Like the ABC show.

I was intending to use that where people could complain about anything or anyone, perhaps legal problems dunno.

It's just a url, doesn't mean shit.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
Ok we have this thread, and I'm working behind the scenes on a whole new site devoted to consumption, (and a long dormant site with Andre), but seeing FF's review thread ( http://aussieexotics.com/forum/off-topic/dock-31-restaurant-review-docklands-melbourne-not-happy-9943.0.html ) gaining so much traction, is it worth a whole new board here for food/wine/lifestyle stuff?

Obviously there's already loads of places online to praise/bitch about consumption products/services, but the chance to do so with likemindedish folks is limited.

Forgot to ping you after you mentioned the 3 month countdown in another thread   :)

With the developments in ecommerce, blog and cms frameworks - if you can get a site up rapidly, then no sense in hanging about. Throw up something reasonably complete, add your own wordsmithing as an anchor, then see who you can lure in (or beat AE people in that direction with a stiff broom).

Dodger - you've mentioned that URL before, it's a cracker but it's not going anywhere unless there's a matching idea. My 2 cents - I think whenever there's a hot topic - the top 10 radio stations and 4 TV stations all cover it - each with their own angle. Aggregate summary content on each major topic on your site, then let the punters use it to get a quick 'exec summary' of coverage on issues then be able to comment back. I'd go there.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It's just a url, doesn't mean shit.

Well yes it does, it all stems from there, if it's good you have a head start and continuing benefit from it otherwise yes you do have shit.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Dodger - you've mentioned that URL before, it's a cracker but it's not going anywhere unless there's a matching idea. My 2 cents - I think whenever there's a hot topic - the top 10 radio stations and 4 TV stations all cover it - each with their own angle. Aggregate summary content on each major topic on your site, then let the punters use it to get a quick 'exec summary' of coverage on issues then be able to comment back. I'd go there.

The model was to provide all the contact fetails for heads of companies, heads of utilities such as railways all public transport etc local councils all over Oz and lately Gillards office for instance.

People go to the site vent their anger, in some cases we print copies of the emails out and deliver them to the people in question, like several semi loads to Gillards office.

Great media opportunity.

I never had the time to get it going, Stephen Mayne from Crikey was interested at one stage but everyone just got too busy with other stuff.

Online allanuber

The model was to provide all the contact fetails for heads of companies, heads of utilities such as railways all public transport etc local councils all over Oz and lately Gillards office for instance.

People go to the site vent their anger, in some cases we print copies of the emails out and deliver them to the people in question, like several semi loads to Gillards office.

Great media opportunity.

I never had the time to get it going, Stephen Mayne from Crikey was interested at one stage but everyone just got too busy with other stuff.

Wourd work if you managed to get solid enough search results for 'contact ...name...' on Googles.

If you could tie in 'other people are asking about' - you then get a crowdsourcing conversation (therefore weight) with the person being contacted.

Not hard to build at all - could be something cool.
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Forgot to ping you after you mentioned the 3 month countdown in another thread   :)

With the developments in ecommerce, blog and cms frameworks - if you can get a site up rapidly, then no sense in hanging about. Throw up something reasonably complete, add your own wordsmithing as an anchor, then see who you can lure in (or beat AE people in that direction with a stiff broom).

Yeah, coming months focusing much more on useful stuff.  Being paid to be a perpetual traveller experiencing and writing about my favourite niches is the ultimate goal.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Word work if you managed to get solid enough search results for 'contact ...name...' on Googles.

If you could tie in 'other people are asking about' - you then get a crowdsourcing conversation (therefore weight) with the person being contacted.

Not hard to build at all - could be something cool.

I think it could be enormous, have to get the media on board, then they could refer people to the web site to have their say.

Imagine sitting in a delayed train for an hour, as soon as you get home you get on backchat and send a message direct to the head of Vic Rail or whereever you are.

Legal issues may be a problem and expensive to protect yourself against.

Online allanuber

Yeah, coming months focusing much more on useful stuff.  Being paid to be a perpetual traveller experiencing and writing about my favourite niches is the ultimate goal.

Want to split the last of this crap off into a '.com or bust' thread ashtor?

I know quite a few people who survive quite reasonably on the road and live to work to live to work etc   :)
C'mon, do it!

Online allanuber

I think it could be enormous, have to get the media on board, then they could refer people to the web site to have their say.

Imagine sitting in a delayed train for an hour, as soon as you get home you get on backchat and send a message direct to the head of Vic Rail or whereever you are.

Legal issues may be a problem and expensive to protect yourself against.

Legals are easy on this stuff.

In effect though you'd be 'adding your voice' to many people potentially vying for the attentino of the Head of Vic Rail - and with that weight of well organised communication - tied in with the usual social media interaction when other people add to your subject - then you'd have something that potentially both the media and actual useful officials may respond to.

So, what's stopping you?
C'mon, do it!