Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'm proposing some rules for his thread so it doesn't turn into another 'gunna but here's why I can't pile of dribble'.

You asked I answered.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ash. My advice ... pick one thing/passion and get moving on that.

What's it going to be? Lets get the AE brainstrust working to help!

3 main projects in my sights initially:

* "Finish" AE - there's several gaping holes I've identified here that can be sorted out and make this place actually generate reasonable $

* Get HighSteaks running again - this will satisfy my need to experience and appreciate new food/grog/lifestyle stuff, of course with ideas to make it profitable in short order, with view to long-term building

* Re-do a site in partnership with Andre - not much to say about this publicly yet, but hey if Andre's behind it that's a good sign

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Pick one!

(I'd go for door 3 of course)    :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

You asked I answered.

I asked what you'd need to make it happen. You responded with a list of reasons it would not.

The recommended rules for this thread promote positive outcomes, not listing reasons why things can't work.

I can think of a number of ways to address your points, but there's no sense if you are not going to push it along.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I asked what you'd need to make it happen. You responded with a list of reasons it would not.
The recommended rules for this thread promote positive outcomes, not listing reasons why things can't work.
I can think of a number of ways to address your points, but there's no sense if you are not going to push it along.

I told you what it would take to make it happen, then explained why I'm not ready yet.
Sorry that didn't meet your recommended rules for this thread but they were put in place by you after I posted.
I know exactly what I'm doing, thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Pick one!

(I'd go for door 3 of course)    :)

This is an approximate idea of how I'll split my "spare" time over the next month or so:

#1 = 50%: AE is low-hanging fruit, 90% of what's needed is already done, and I know what's needed for about 8 of the remaining 10%.  So yeah, I'll be pursuing that and hoping to uncover the last 2%.

#2 = 10%: HighSteaks will be casual initially, probably just blog/forum so that doesn't need real time devoted to it apart from content creation - it's just another outlet and inspiration for some of my major passions. Later I'll focus on some great leveraging ideas of social media services to properly.

#3 = 40%: RBS - technology has changed, have to basically rebuild from scratch.

Offline allanuber

I told you what it would take to make it happen, then explained why I'm not ready yet.
Sorry that didn't meet your recommended rules for this thread but they were put in place by you after I posted.
I know exactly what I'm doing, thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

No problems at all. Stay tuned.
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

Righto, care of the Qantas lounge ... I have an idea I'd like feedback on.

URL's - www.peopleheard.com.au, www.peopleheard.com

Alternate URL's - communityheard.com and .com.au,  voterheard.com and .com.au

Tagline - Alone we whisper, together we're heard

Website aspirations - The site is run for the community, by the community to provide a means to have people voice their opinion to 'people in power' with the community able to add their vote or their comment to the discussion. Hot topics are promoted to be more visible, members are ranked based on both their qualifications in the area of discussion, or their ratings by other members.

Each topic is split into two parts - the actual discussion which is moderated by the community. Pertinent points raised by other members can be tagged by the OP to provide a community exec summary of the issue. The second part relates to validating the details for the official that the discussion is directed at - the OP can put in the details of who they want to communicate with, and the community can then check/confirm the details to ensure the quality of communications. Site moderators will do a final confirmation to ensure that there is a polite alert sent to the media office of each addressee group and will update the status on the site.

Other differentiating features:

Exec summaries of each issue will be emailed automatically to the editorial desks of major papers each day in a newsletter format to encourage wider reporting on the community voice.

Responses from the relevant official or person that the discussion is directed at will be posted pending confirmation of ID by the site moderators. The site will encourage public responses and positive discussion. Officials will be encouraged to start a site profile to show they are a good, contributing community member.

There will be site hosts, who are well known commentators - who may guide discussions, drive feedback and help to explain issues (think of a talkback radio host).

Revenue model

The site will seek corporate sponsorship from major organisations who wish to be seen as supportive of the community or a specific topic.

Lobby groups are able to sponsor a specific topic (or poll) - which will be clearly communicated on the site and which can be promoted for member opinions.

No political sponsorships of the overall site will be accepted, however a political group can sponsor a clearly identified discussion (as per item above).

If this ended up the equivalent of the frighteningly powerful regional talkback radio - then I believe it'd be something valuable.

Comments?
C'mon, do it!

Offline CortinaD

Would you stop a big tobacco sponsoring the website and an employee voicing an opinion?