Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Were you making your apexes and using full track width?

Usually, tyres are the reason for slowing lap times at pi...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Were you making your apexes and using full track width?

Usually, tyres are the reason for slowing lap times at pi...

Mostly yeah, there'll be some Ash Cam vid up this week for y'all to critique.

Offline CortinaD

Epic bump.

I had a few goes on the cxc motion pro 2 the other week and it was awesome, I dunno what the others are like but ithis felt like a real car. I thought I'd buy one so I looked up the price......had heart palpitations. It was nice but 100k??

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Epic bump.

I had a few goes on the cxc motion pro 2 the other week and it was awesome, I dunno what the others are like but ithis felt like a real car. I thought I'd buy one so I looked up the price......had heart palpitations. It was nice but 100k??

New place opened in Perth with 6 of the things, been with some friends a few times - great fun having some realistic racing.

You can hire one for a year for $22K apparently.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
It bothers me that the simulator renders the wheel even though theres a wheel you are holding.

Recently I was trying forza 5 in a store, and there was no room so I was standing 2 feet from the tv, it occurred to me then that for the in car view, the perspective was now about right. I was holding a game controller below the screen out of view.

This aspect makes the photo above look a bit wrong to me. For it to be in proportion, the guys head should be a lot bigger!

Things like the occulus rift will transform simulation, I hope!

Offline Boxster1990

Epic bump.

I'd personally opt to buy a cheap sports car and thrash it a few times on the track for real. But that's just me...

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I'd personally opt to buy a cheap sports car and thrash it a few times on the track for real. But that's just me...

difficult if you want to race a street circuit (aka clipsal) thats open as a race track for 4 days per annum, simulators are great learning tools
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline CortinaD

futurism I never even noticed the wheel on the one I used, I wonder if they had a different view/turned it off. All I remember seeing was the nose of the car.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
https://www.facebook.com/districtspeedfans/videos/1122737637776794/
Its a facebook public link. You might need to be on facebook to be able to watch.

A pretty awesome Euro (didnt check what country) Simulator at Bathurst... Car is some kind of GT3 type car not Commodore or Falcon.

If you check this out Roger, how close is it to real? It seems very realistic.

http://motorsportsimulator.com/index_en.html

Offline jamesatfish

Funny that this thread emerged from the dead - we've been working on our sim racing interface hardware at work today...

VR will be the experience that changes driving simulations - our VR guy has been working with the Oculus Rift dev kits since their Kickstarter days, and the immersion you get with a VR headset and a motion rig is incredible.  The current (pre-public) generation of hardware isn't quite there but the 2017 models will be an amazing experience.