Offline app

You can withdraw a bid up to 12 hours before the Auction ends, in the last 12 hours you can not withdraw a bid or end an auction.......

IIRC, a seller can withdraw a bid on behalf of the bidder.  I've had to do this once or twice when bidders claim to have put in a bid in error.  My point is, a seller can still withdrawn their own bids they placed using another account if they wanted to.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

IIRC, a seller can withdraw a bid on behalf of the bidder.  I've had to do this once or twice when bidders claim to have put in a bid in error.  My point is, a seller can still withdrawn their own bids they placed using another account if they wanted to.

How long is it since you had that done??? Rules have changed, yes the seller can remove your bid but once the last 12 hours kick in, the auction is locked in........

Offline app

How long is it since you had that done??? Rules have changed, yes the seller can remove your bid but once the last 12 hours kick in, the auction is locked in........

More than 12 months.  Good to see the rules have changed then.

But I still make the point mentioned previously, if a bidder doesn't honor their purchase, they should have to pay a steep penalty.  That would discourage dummy bids.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

More than 12 months.  Good to see the rules have changed then.

But I still make the point mentioned previously, if a bidder doesn't honor their purchase, they should have to pay a steep penalty.  That would discourage dummy bids.

They have a strike system for non paying bidders but like with most things on eBay you have to do it a lot to get kicked out. eBay don't care about it, they make so much money it's not funny, their fees are out of control and is one of the reasons I gave up my eBay shop. One of the other reason was that it took so damn long to get a dispute dealt with.

Offline dkabab

while selling a camera the other week, someone bought it, but then a day later i got an email from ebay saying it was an accident and the buyer didn't mean to.... whatever

Online NBTBRV8

While we are complaining about ebay.  I bought and item that was local pickup in another state after the seller agreed they would box it if I organised a courier.  Fortunately I didn't pay for the item straight away as I wanted the box dimensions etc.  Well that was nearly a month ago and the seller doesn't seemed to fussed about it. 

For local pickups, there is no dispute procedure when you haven't paid for the item, ebay just points you back to getting in contact with the seller.  So no solution can be found.

Very poor.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Surely ebay don't care about dummy bids or sniping software as long as the item is sold anything that increases the auction amount is a bonus for ebay.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Paid $450 for software couple of years ago, it was faulty and not genuine, sent it back , never got my money back, Ebay are useless.

Only Pay with PayPal then you can get reimbursed.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Paid $450 for software couple of years ago, it was faulty and not genuine, sent it back , never got my money back, Ebay are useless.

Only Pay with PayPal then you can get reimbursed.

Always use Paypal; but you can still get ripped if you don't follow the rules correctly. They only refund $500 or something as well.
Got stung once by a smart thief who knew the system better than me.

Offline M500

Shill bidding by the seller is a dangerous game closely monitored by eBay these days. Their software detects multiple accounts from the same IP and will ban all concerned if there is shill bidding concerned.