Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I have almost 10,000 followers on my business FB page...all through FB ads - engagement is woeful unless I pay again to promote a post......that video makes a lot of sense to me.

My followers are mostly from Australia so why no engagement unless I promote a post and pay AGAIN ?
If someone doesn't use fake book does that mean they can't do business or trade, in essence people will still shop for the cheapest price and if your target market is say the lower socio economic areas they find it hard to use an ATM let alone a web page and yes they may have a fake book page but look closely as to its use, self promotion or bullying/ trolling…..and we wonder why children commit suicide due to internet bullying.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

If someone doesn't use fake book does that mean they can't do business or trade, in essence people will still shop for the cheapest price and if your target market is say the lower socio economic areas they find it hard to use an ATM let alone a web page and yes they may have a fake book page but look closely as to its use, self promotion or bullying/ trolling…..and we wonder why children commit suicide due to internet bullying.

It's a travel accommodation site so shouldn't attract idiots but the lack of engagement is in line with what the video explains.

Offline hydie

Internet advertising has its limitations, when did you last click on an advertisement or banner ad? Yellow pages or Sensis got caught up in the so called click manager and sucked many businesses into paying for clicks via the yellow pages to a business web page. The scam got uncovered when it was discovered that Yellow pages where doing the actual clicking thus costing the business on a per click basis. How do i know this, I got sucked in on a 3 week trial where the link to a web site I own had a useless page www.purple.com which is nothing but the colour purple. Amazingly no one visited that page then bingo once signed up with Yellow pages the clicks/ hits went out of control. I told Yellow pages about their scam and I got struck off their list however I also informed my bank to close the account that Yellow pages were using to extrapolate money from………in the end we all went our separate ways, they knew what they were doing was wrong and didn't pursue me for the "click" money.
Late last year I had Sensis rep come in and try to sign my work up for the same as it had the previous year, which was that sort of stuff. We cut our spend with Sensis from ~$15k down to ~$2k. Hardest thing was trying to explain to then old fashion boss why we DIDN'T need it.

As for Facebook, our company page has only a few hundred likes, it's growing steadily after I only created it in November. It is there just to for awareness.

If you're actually trying to sell a product, the best form of any internet advertising that I have used is email marketing. Just last week I sent out an EDM to select target market (600 people) for a 3 day special, an hour later we get a call from a recipient, 2 hours later they had been in, test driven, and dropped 170k on a new vehicle and took it home that day. On top of this, we would a vehicle per month via this method.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

It's a travel accommodation site so shouldn't attract idiots but the lack of engagement is in line with what the video explains.

Probably not on topic but WE as members of this site should identify with bullying/ trolling and stamp it out due to effects on the mental health of people and I for one have been guilty of running the gauntlet over time and reading back on crap I have typed over time I sit in wonder at my own stupidity/ recklessness and not having empathy for another person even if they are odd or mad.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Late last year I had Sensis rep come in and try to sign my work up for the same as it had the previous year, which was that sort of stuff. We cut our spend with Sensis from ~$15k down to ~$2k.

As for Facebook, our company page has only a few hundred likes, it's growing steadily after I only created it in November. It is there just to for awareness.

If you're actually trying to sell a product, the best form of any internet advertising that I have used is email marketing. Just last week I sent out an EDM to select target market (600 people) for a 3 day special, an hour later we get a call from a recipient, 2 hours later they had been in, test driven, and dropped 170k on a new vehicle. On top of this, we would a vehicle per month via this method.

Getting lists together is a problem, I have about 27,000 in mime that I've had for a couple of years, there's nowhere else to easily farm from, I send out 2,000 a day and get bugger all out of it now, it's been used to death.

Having someone in London talk to his contacts in eastern Europe about farming more addresses....if possible.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Probably not on topic but WE as members of this site should identify with bullying/ trolling and stamp it out due to effects on the mental health of people and I for one have been guilty of running the gauntlet over time and reading back on crap I have typed over time I sit in wonder at my own stupidity/ recklessness and not having empathy for another person even if they are odd or mad.

It's a big problem, even EXCLUSION can deeply hurt where someone is ignored by the group it can have adverse effects.

Offline hydie

Getting lists together is a problem, I have about 27,000 in mime that I've had for a couple of years, there's nowhere else to easily farm from, I send out 2,000 a day and get bugger all out of it now, it's been used to death.

Having someone in London talk to his contacts in eastern Europe about farming more addresses....if possible.
Of course it's a bit different with cold-emailing. Our company database itself has ~7,000, and they are always being checked and refreshed.

I scraped the email addresses of ALL local businesses in town and often send them deals for Fleet/ABN holders. They love it!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Late last year I had Sensis rep come in and try to sign my work up for the same as it had the previous year, which was that sort of stuff. We cut our spend with Sensis from ~$15k down to ~$2k. Hardest thing was trying to explain to then old fashion boss why we DIDN'T need it.

If you're actually trying to sell a product, the best form of any internet advertising that I have used is email marketing. Just last week I sent out an EDM to select target market (600 people) for a 3 day special, an hour later we get a call from a recipient, 2 hours later they had been in, test driven, and dropped 170k on a new vehicle and took it home that day. On top of this, we would a vehicle per month via this method.

Yellow pages had its day, it never saw the internet coming, it tried different things but they always believed they would last forever, rule 1 in business: never underestimate your competition.

I had back in 2010 an 86k spend with yellow pages, now its 3 k. Has it affected business, nup, I also have every yellow pages from Adelaide from 1980 to current, amazing how its diminished in size and those that still advertise are not in touch with today. I can fully understand the reticence in giving it up, Its a big punt but sometimes we must cut the umbilical cord of Yellow pages

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

And don't start me on the reach local crap or endless emails of SEO and keywords, I spent enough on web page SEO's from someone I trust.

Next step is iPhone and Android app and having both webpages work on mob phones without the using fingers to shrink it…..the iKids of today need scrolling motion 

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
And don't start me on the reach local crap or endless emails of SEO and keywords, I spent enough on web page SEO's from someone I trust.

Next step is iPhone and Android app and having both webpages work on mob phones without the using fingers to shrink it…..the iKids of today need scrolling motion

I would recommend you focus on mobile web first.

You probably don’t need an app unless it's for regular customers then it may be worth considering. Given the costs to go for both platforms and integration you might not find the ROI you are after.