Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Not car-related but knowing that most of the propellor-heads on the forum spend their days in darkened rooms watching TV, I thought someone can answer this one...   :p

Is Foxtel HD+ any good?  I've got standard Foxtel and the picture quality isn't nearly as good as SD or HD digital TV.  But the guy at Foxtel says HD only works on a handful of channels.  Anyone got Foxtel HD+ and care to comment?

Offline dkabab

dont have it, but my girlfriends family do. there are only a few channels that are in HD.... but they are the ones you want to watch in HD so i guess thats good.
http://hd.foxtel.com.au/hd-on-foxtel/channels.php

nat geo/discovery in HD is pretty amazing. im assuming you have a decent tv, on their 50" plasma it looks realy impressive.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
dont have it, but my girlfriends family do. there are only a few channels that are in HD.... but they are the ones you want to watch in HD so i guess thats good.
http://hd.foxtel.com.au/hd-on-foxtel/channels.php

nat geo/discovery in HD is pretty amazing. im assuming you have a decent tv, on their 50" plasma it looks realy impressive.

my understanding is that not only do only those few channels have it, but they tend to repeat much of the content. might want to check that.

i know they show some of the box office movies in HD too.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Not car-related but knowing that most of the propellor-heads on the forum spend their days in darkened rooms watching TV, I thought someone can answer this one...   :p

Is Foxtel HD+ any good?  I've got standard Foxtel and the picture quality isn't nearly as good as SD or HD digital TV.  But the guy at Foxtel says HD only works on a handful of channels.  Anyone got Foxtel HD+ and care to comment?
i think for the extra pennies (i don't know how much but i'd say not a lot) it's worth it.

Offline rallygraphix

I have it, the clarity/quality is better, but yes, repeated shows are the norm.

I am tossing around whether to get rid of it or not currently. There isnt too much on the HD I watch.