Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Anyone feelin the love?

I'm diggin it.

Took a few days to get used to - and I'm still teaching it stuff - but for the most part it actually is showing me only the stuff I'm interested in seeing RIGHT NOW, all the other stuff sits in the inbox until I go through it next time I'm sitting at the pooter with a beer. :)

I sort of consider it a push notification of useful email - as a webmaster and subscriber to gazillions of sites/feeds/alerts I get a shitload of "daily" email outside my personal stuff (200-500 per day).

This PI option is already doing a good job of limiting the stuff I have to read to see if it's useful vs what's actually useful.  Yep - I used to set up filters for that, but in the end I had dozens of them all counteracting each other *just in case* and so would end up scanning them all manually.

Anyhoo I reckon it's pretty ace, at a glance I now know how many emails are "worth reading" and how many all up are just "unread". :)

Offline 2106

I think its great!

I just set mine up a few days ago and once you 'train' it a bit, its quite useful.

Even if it gets your 'priorities' wrong, you can always slot them in 'everything else' and just focus on the email you want to read for the time being and get back to them when you've got time.

highly recommended!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
How are folks going a few months in?

For the most part I think it's fantastic - but it's still only 90% there.  Really only a "vocal minority" kind of gripe, but for some kinds of emails it just never seems to learn what's not "a priority", and I have been uber-vigilant about teaching it as if it were my own personal Tamagotchi PA.

Also - would love to know if there's any Android email apps that recognise the "priority inbox"?  I'm tired of my phone beeping every couple minutes because it thinks every email is important.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

gmail?

too gen y for me.

i'll stick with gstring.