Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
The problem is there's still a lot of results in the SERPs that are like made-for-Adsense sites of old. Search for info on the latest gadget - you'll get one or two from the manufacturer, a wikipedia entry, a popular blog post, and probably a couple sites that look interesting from the search result, but you go to the page and it's like Alphagetti that sort of resembles information.

In this case - where I'm kicking tyres thinking of buying - I find the Adwords entries can be useful, if they're willing to pay to have their information seen, then it might be worth checking out.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Saw someone actually click an Adsense ad last night, I thanked her for supporting the online advertising industry, she said she didn't even realise it was an ad. :p

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
The persistence of some ads is interesting
About a year ago I manually entered a URL for a US based corporate governance software product

I viewed the site for 5 minutes and read maybe 3 pages

To this day their ads are shown all over many different sites
Not just from work related sites but things to do with guitars, food etc.

Now I looked at teds cameras website briefly and I'm even getting their ads on my blackberry, I think I've logged into gmail from my blackberry twice ever but that's enough for them to link it to my home pc and to my work laptop

I'm pretty sure they are doing mac address databases and google maps on mobile devices probably tracks and links you too

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

The persistence of some ads is interesting

I was thinking about this recently - there's a company who I googled ONCE a few months back when someone mentioned them, I don't think I even clicked any links or went to their website, the search results told me who they were. They have no interest to me beyond an off-hand mention, yet almost daily I'm seeing big banner ads for them wherever I go... :p

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'm starting  to get a complex, not quite the same as seeing ads everywhere but every day I get about 50 emails saying I have a small dick and I need to buy these drugs so women will love me again.

Do they have a camera set up in my bedroom or something??????

Haven’t had any Spam for a long time and now all of a sudden for the last several weeks these emails have been flooding in……

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I'm starting  to get a complex, not quite the same as seeing ads everywhere but every day I get about 50 emails saying I have a small dick and I need to buy these drugs so women will love me again.

Do they have a camera set up in my bedroom or something??????

Haven’t had any Spam for a long time and now all of a sudden for the last several weeks these emails have been flooding in……

Mondi, can you confirm whether the messages you are getting are all from your missus's email addy?
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Mondi, can you confirm whether the messages you are getting are all from your missus's email addy?

hahaha - that one is covered, see the "and today you bought..." thread for details.....    :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Just had a call form Google re my account, guy was hard to understand but we got there in the end -

Learned a couple of things-

Using Ad Words properly should be a degree course at Tafe.

People are using mobile devices a lot more than we thought, we are getting more clickthus at less cost from mobile devices.

Therefore need a mobile web site ASAP.

Back to Malaysia I guess though I have a quote from a guy in Melbourne for half the privce, I guess there is a big difference in the quality of mobile sites but I won't learn enough about it till it's all over as usual.