Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Thank you for your patience during this change. If you have any questions, please read the FAQs (http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1235639). 
Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. looks forward to continuing to bring you the best in online advertising.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
I wonder if that means they are paying the local taxes on AdWord revenue now?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I wonder if that means they are paying the local taxes on AdWord revenue now?

Probably not, if they get worried they could just buy Australia and change the laws.

Offline slimx

In order to provide customer service, get a line in AUSTRALIA etc. they had to register their business (and yeh they most probably do pay TAX i doubt Google could cover that up lol).

But like the other bloke said, They could just buy Australia lol.

Offline a.taylor

I wouldn't think they pay Australian taxes on their primary businesses. I think they are registered in Ireland for that purpose or some other odd place. I'd have thought they would have a "Google customer service'' business that doesn't really have a significant income as their business entity locally i.e. more of a consultancy and support service for Google products as opposed to a supplier of Google products/services.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
From what Ive heard Google Asia Pacific is run from India which is interesting seeing Pakistan was on that list but not India. I guess if the email was generated from India they felt no need to include it on the list. 
Google Australia probably/possibly isn't run as an income producing business, all monies from Adword revenue would still be paid direct to the US or Ireland I'd be guessing.