Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Came out today.
I haven't done anything with it yet, dunno when I'll get around to it.

I've got a guy that will set it up for me, ...came out today ? that was quick, he says there's no rush to get in but might as well have a look.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

I've got a guy that will set it up for me, ...came out today ? that was quick, he says there's no rush to get in but might as well have a look.

The demographic at the moment is still largely the social media/comms/IT crowd, you won't get many of the mums and kids who play on Facebook at this stage, but that demographic is a pretty good one for people who are interested in what's actually happening out there and they are by nature big on sharing.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The demographic at the moment is still largely the social media/comms/IT crowd, you won't get many of the mums and kids who play on Facebook at this stage, but that demographic is a pretty good one for people who are interested in what's actually happening out there and they are by nature big on sharing.

Facebook has been good, Twitter no good, developer says it will be a year before Google+ will take off as people will be reluctant to move from Facebook.
We'll see.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Facebook has been good, Twitter no good, developer says it will be a year before Google+ will take off as people will be reluctant to move from Facebook.
We'll see.
I don't see Google+ taking off. They will force it down people's throats in any way they can but until the girl next door starts posting her summer holiday photos on Google+ then Facebook will dominate.

Out of interest what industry are you in dodger?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I don't see Google+ taking off. They will force it down people's throats in any way they can but until the girl next door starts posting her summer holiday photos on Google+ then Facebook will dominate.

Out of interest what industry are you in dodger?

Leisure accommodation portal, hobby site but growing.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I still think G+ has it's place, I've been almost completely out of social media for the past 4-5 months - just when G+ was starting - but what I liked about it was like Twitter I didn't have to know/care about the people posting, but like Facebook you can actually get involved in a random interesting conversation.

More to it of course - but I think I covered that previously.

But no, I don't see it as a replacement for Facepalmbook, Zuckerberg & Co would have to fuck up in some extraordinarily bad way (worse than usual) for them to not be a powerhouse for at least the next 3 years.  Sounds funny thinking of massive corporations and only giving them 3-5 years of high probability of success - but hey, dot com or bust!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I still think G+ has it's place, I've been almost completely out of social media for the past 4-5 months - just when G+ was starting - but what I liked about it was like Twitter I didn't have to know/care about the people posting, but like Facebook you can actually get involved in a random interesting conversation.

More to it of course - but I think I covered that previously.

But no, I don't see it as a replacement for Facepalmbook, Zuckerberg & Co would have to fuck up in some extraordinarily bad way (worse than usual) for them to not be a powerhouse for at least the next 3 years.  Sounds funny thinking of massive corporations and only giving them 3-5 years of high probability of success - but hey, dot com or bust!

Facebook I dont think can be beaten for social media it's the business sideof Google +  that interests me, don't know how or if it'll work but it might be interesting.

Though for me, Facebook might be perfect, out of 1800 followers almost all are women, booking holidays etc

Offline carmooch

I can see the business side of G+ working if it goes beyond its own little network. Like G+ updates appearing next to your search result or similar.

But as far as relying on its own community to create an incentive for business is concerned it just doesn't have the staying power.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I can see the business side of G+ working if it goes beyond its own little network. Like G+ updates appearing next to your search result or similar.

Actually, they do.

If you follow me on G+, and say I've written an article somewhere that maybe wouldn't turn up in results normally, it will turn up in the top 3-5 results of yours.

Offline carmooch

Actually, they do.

If you follow me on G+, and say I've written an article somewhere that maybe wouldn't turn up in results normally, it will turn up in the top 3-5 results of yours.
Really? I know you can see if someone you follow has +1'd a search result but how would it know you wrote the article?

Either way I don't like the fact Google is forcing people onto G+ by allowing it to effect search engine rankings.