Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Really? I know you can see if someone you follow has +1'd a search result but how would it know you wrote the article?

Either way I don't like the fact Google is forcing people onto G+ by allowing it to effect search engine rankings.

They don't force you onto it, it only affects rankings if you follow that person.

Here's a discussion from September when I discovered it (a bunch of irrelevant banter at the top):

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115492413214805791564/posts/VeFAnkFL5Tm

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
They don't force you onto it, it only affects rankings if you follow that person.

Here's a discussion from September when I discovered it (a bunch of irrelevant banter at the top):

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115492413214805791564/posts/VeFAnkFL5Tm
Judging by your responses in the link you provided we are basically in the same mind about it. I might want to follow celebrities and brands but I don't want them influencing my web searches, and having to uncircle people because they are seeding bad search results is kind of counter-intuitive to the point of G+ anyway.

Right now popular Twitter users can sell their tweets for big money, if it gets to the point where popular G+ users can sell their SEO influence then that is going to be a big problem.

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Came out today.

Well done! I know it's tough for some, but you have done well to announce it here. You are among friends and we will respect you no matter what.

I am proud of you and I know whilst Mondi will be a little disappointed, FF will be happy that you have done what he is yet to do!
Always Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Well done! I know it's tough for some, but you have done well to announce it here. You are among friends and we will respect you no matter what.

I am proud of you and I know whilst Mondi will be a little disappointed, FF will be happy that you have done what he is yet to do!

It was only so we could go public.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/14/technology/microsoft-google-rant/

Google was the rich kid who, after having discovered he wasn't invited to the party, built his own party in retaliation. The fact that no one came to Google's party became the elephant in the room.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/14/technology/microsoft-google-rant/

We're about social media done for now, I don't think Twitter is any good and the figures show it's not popular as you might think compared to FB.

You can only spend so much time on this stuff and Google + was just too late and not smart enough to get people to change......yet, it wont be over they'll still hammer away at it, they have no choice.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

We're about social media done for now, I don't think Twitter is any good and the figures show it's not popular as you might think compared to FB.

You can only spend so much time on this stuff and Google + was just too late and not smart enough to get people to change......yet, it wont be over they'll still hammer away at it, they have no choice.

Google Plus is the best thing that ever happened to Facebook.

A year ago I couldn't stand it, but FB really upped their game in response to G+ and I actually like checking it out a couple times a day now.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Google Plus is the best thing that ever happened to Facebook.

A year ago I couldn't stand it, but FB really upped their game in response to G+ and I actually like checking it out a couple times a day now.

FB is excellent for finding people from your past and the business pages work very well.

I had a guy lined up to put me on Google+ but it's still a wait and see, but I dont really think there's room in peoples lives for 2 FaceBooks and thats what it is essentially.