Offline trev0006

• Chief video spammer

• Drives: Miss Daisy
  • Name: Trevbot
Introduction of the all new Gran Turismo 5 car video game, this game will be awesome.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZVgB7mDeiU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZVgB7mDeiU</a>
Fast cars and fast motorcycle video collection

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline a.taylor

Just picked up a copy. I'll have to dust of the ps3 tonight (update firmware etc.).

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Ok - so who's playing?  :burnout:

Will be picking 1 up very soon.......for my son of course  :p .......I can see some very, very late nights coming on :tired:

Offline hydie

My mate bought his PS3 JUST for this game....that was 3 years ago.

I'll buy it soon enough.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

My mate bought his PS3 JUST for this game....that was 3 years ago.

:?

Quote from: Me in April 2007
i'm not getting ps3 *until* GT5 comes out...

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Hmm...

Quote from: http://jalopnik.com/people/Scaz
GT5 for me has been about 2 very polar feelings within me.

On one hand, the driving is pretty good, improved over GT4 with great handling and the cars move great. There is also a TON of content to sift through.

On the other hand, the game is no where near finished. This is like getting a beta of a game. What I mean is that there seems to be a ton of problems with the game technically. First is the loading and menus, which is sometimes hairpulling bad. Then there is the cars and tracks.

For some reason it seems like Polyphony took GT4 and started upscaling some of the cars and tracks, and stopped 1/5th of the way in. What I mean is that the 200 premium cars really look incredible (well, except when shadows cast over them), and about 1/3 of the tracks are STUNNING. But when you play a race on Autumn Ring, it literally, and I mean LITERALLY, looks like GT4s. Textures look the same. And the 800 cars that aren't premium look down right bad in some regards. The worst part is they tried to HIDE this from us, but not allowing photomode with these cars, and no ingame camera mode from what I can tell.

The menus also bug the shit out of me. There are too many of them, and they are tossed together in an annoying way. Then loading between each menu takes eons... and picking a track takes eons... and the installing in the bottom right takes eons (I've been playing for 5hrs and i still see that loading constantly).

Then there is the AI. God I hate bringing Forza into the comparison because it angers so many people, but going from the reactive AI in Forza to the robotic AI in GT5 is really jarring. I hate getting hit from the side on a pass because i got in the pre-set path the AI was on. Same with the racing line, it seems painted on the track and rarely takes into consideration your speed or location.

Enough ranting, because I don't HATE the game, in fact its growing on me. But it annoys me that the product reeks with this sense that the developers were too stuck up to play other racing games and see what works, and just worked on improving GT4.

I will say that I love the racing for the most part, I love the track selection too, and my god I forgot how addicted I get to getting gold in License Tests...

Do I hate the game? No, but GT is no longer the king of racers imo, it just scrapes by on being damn good at some things.

Sorry for the rant.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
need for speed HP for me will buy it in couple of weeks
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
forza 3 all the way
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough