Offline cel

I just updated my trend micro internet security to trend micro titanium maximum security. Everything went fine and installed without any problems and I continued minding my own business.

Then all of a sudden, don't know what triggered it, all the pages in chrome look weird, like this (screenshots of AE, Facebook and Flickr attached).

In Internet Explorer everything seems to be working fine. Any idea what causes this or how this can be fixed?

I also turned trend micro off but that didn't make a difference :(

Offline Paulstar

It's not downloading the files to style the pages. I don't have trend micro but look for settings that affect downloading files while browsing

Offline cel

No luck, can't find anything that seems to relate to it  :confused:  :snivel:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

have you disabled trend to see if that helps

alternatively do a system restore to a previous restore point in case something was corrupted while you were installing/upgrading trend

Offline cel

I just did a restore to a point two days ago and it didn't solve anything unfortunately.

I also noticed that oddly it seems to be the issue with websites I have visited not too long ago. For example, if I go to news.com.au, a site I normally check the news on, it looks totally messed up but if I go to smh.com.au everything is fine.

Trend Micro is not on the pc anymore after the system restore so that's not the issue either, it must have deleted something somewhere when I tried the new system cleaner option on the new trend micro.

Hopefully this will make sense to someone, I just have no clue.

Installed firefox in the meantime...

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

if sites you rarely visit look ok and sites you usually visit dont load properly then maybe delete your cache, cookies and history

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

Offline cel

if sites you rarely visit look ok and sites you usually visit dont load properly then maybe delete your cache, cookies and history

Alright, I wasn't able to access the settings anymore so I re-installed Chrome (again) and then I managed to delete the cache, cookies and history.

AE looks normal now but it's still not right, I can't click [ show font options ] [ show smileys ] as that makes the buttons disappear.

I'm step closer though thanks to your help :)  I'll see if I can try some other things tomorrow.

My site is still not coming up properly in chrome either, screenshot attached. The images don't seem to load in chrome, though the cache & cookies are empty/deleted

Offline cel

Ok, looks like I only cleared the cache etc for one day, just did it for the last four weeks and it's looking good now  :thumbsup: <- I can also see the smileys again.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I'm step closer though thanks to your help :)  I'll see if I can try some other things tomorrow.

happy to help a fellow forumite
 :D