Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Against the 4 or the 3G or 3GS.

3G and 3GS, briefly played with the 4 also (back-to-back) - which seemed just as good as the Desire on basic functionality - but I'm over the Apple cult and keen to get it on with an Android.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I'm unconvinced that it's a good idea to compare old, different hardware with a different operating system to something newer, with completely different hardware and a much different operating system. The only thing in common is the brand.

If I could have had a Desire HD on Telstra any time soon I would have, but since it's exclusive to a shitty networks I have ordered an iPhone4 out right and I hope it gets here this week because the screen on my iPhone 3G has shattered and is at great risk of splintering into my ear every time I use it  :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

....... I hope it gets here this week because the screen on my iPhone 3G has shattered and is at great risk of splintering into my ear every time I use it  :D

Good luck with that..........................................

Offline CortinaD

I'm unconvinced that it's a good idea to compare old, different hardware with a different operating system to something newer, with completely different hardware and a much different operating system. The only thing in common is the brand.

The brand that has proven to release shit (to me at least) on lots of prior occasions before.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Good luck with that..........................................

I didn't buy from the Apple Store  :thumbsup:

But yeah, I'm hopeful but not expectant.

The brand that has proven to release shit (to me at least) on lots of prior occasions before.

Nearly every manufacturer of anything has done that, though. Just look at the VW Mark 4 GTI (shit) and the subsequent Mark 5 GTI (pretty damn good!).

Offline CortinaD

I didn't buy from the Apple Store  :thumbsup:

But yeah, I'm hopeful but not expectant.

Nearly every manufacturer of anything has done that, though. Just look at the VW Mark 4 GTI (shit) and the subsequent Mark 5 GTI (pretty damn good!).

You are more patient than me - I will only go back to a company who has provided poor service/product if I absolutely have too.

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
I have a Google Nexus One. Wife has the iPhone 3GS.

Google is much better, faster, stronger, better screen etc. iPhone 4 probably as good now, but the Desire HD appears to now be the benchmark.

Offline dkabab

We just got a new garmin phone in at work. Looks pretty cool, it has a built in gps as you can imagine, and runs on an android system. Havnt had a play with it yet or read reviews, but it looks pretty cool. Comes with a windscreen mount too.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

We just got a new garmin phone in at work. Looks pretty cool, it has a built in gps as you can imagine, and runs on an android system. Havnt had a play with it yet or read reviews, but it looks pretty cool. Comes with a windscreen mount too.

So in other words it's a GPS with built in phone?????   :p

Only thing I does like about the Desire so far is the SMS interface but I have an app to DL tonight that works better I am told.

Offline dkabab

So in other words it's a GPS with built in phone?????   :p

just had a look at their site, its very gps based, but still pretty cool.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! mondi Today at 10:44
[ Racing ] Lola Larousse LC88 Steve. Today at 10:26
[ McLaren ] 675 LT Spider mhh Today at 10:25
[ Cars ] Supercar dealer article UK JBO Yesterday at 21:35
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Alpinem3e92 Yesterday at 16:24
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Tipping game mondi Yesterday at 10:27
[ Racing ] Seeking photos of Brian Ginger - died in 1993 London-Sydney Marathon Chicky01 Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 17:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast shack Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 16:57
[ Racing ] Australian GT series dkabab Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 13:32
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate 360c Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 11:48