Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1575577&p=36#r718

Quote from: pierre~
I have a Telstra sim in mine and I live in Melbourne. Data speeds and coverage is a lot better than Optus, even without NextG

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ok I'm probably never going to get around to a comprehensive review, so I'll just post random thoughts on the device as they occur, so it will be a scattered review over a few weeks. :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I saw many reviews hating on three placement of the headphone jack  - ie on there bottom rather than top...

I love it there, so much more logical.

The device goes in your pocket the right way to view it, and sitting here typing listening to music the stoopid cord isn't dangling in front if the screen, and it doesn't hey in the way of the camera when talking a snap.

After 2 years if iphone I wonder why they persist with that design.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Argh, my phone is randomly going really laggy for a couple hours at a time lately - having a look at the processes and I've found one called isl29028_wq which is currently using 30-70% of the CPU.

A bit of googling shows it to be the proximity sensor/light sensor, but I can't find info on why it's doing this or how to fix it. :irked:

Have tried setting the display to NOT auto-brightness, but other than that what the hell else could be causing it? :?

Offline dkabab

this i would assume is the sensor that dims the display when you put it to your head....?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

this i would assume is the sensor that dims the display when you put it to your head....?

Yes its a proximity and light sensor, turns the screen off when next to your melon, and dims/ increases brightness of the screen depending on ambient conditions.

It's fine most of the time, but lately now and then its just in a constant state of flux, and brings my phone to it's knees like a Hanson Rd hooker.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics Fil-Ski Today at 20:37
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees scud Today at 20:36
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home shack Today at 20:33
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Aircon Today at 20:07
[ Cars ] The cool other car photo thread cel Today at 18:41
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY diabloinoz Today at 16:01
[ Lamborghini For Sale ] Lamborghini Murcielagos for sale Toro_01 Today at 14:41
[ Ferrari ] Ferrari 488 GTB Review - Video trev0006 Today at 13:18