Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I cant understand why you wouldn't want the iPhone, I've never had a problem with mine , it has dozens of albums on it, 1500 photos, I can get the stock market, ABC news, my email, the weather, get any radio station in the world, flashlight, alarm clock and it tells me what that song is on the radio and I can download it straight away from iTunes, I can listen to books, surf the web, find out if there is a coffee shop or bank etc anywhere near me AND it makes and receives phone calls. :faint:
If it had breasts I'd marry it.

Offline CortinaD

I cant understand why you wouldn't want the iPhone, I've never had a problem with mine , it has dozens of albums on it, 1500 photos, I can get the stock market, ABC news, my email, the weather, get any radio station in the world, flashlight, alarm clock and it tells me what that song is on the radio and I can download it straight away from iTunes, I can listen to books, surf the web, find out if there is a coffee shop or bank etc anywhere near me AND it makes and receives phone calls. :faint:

my iphone is awesome - I set the alarm clock is set for 9:20 so it goes off at 8:20 - its two thousand and ten for phux sakes.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

my iphone is awesome - I set the alarm clock is set for 9:20 so it goes off at 8:20 - its two thousand and ten for phux sakes.

Are you in SA ? I think they sent all the dodgy ones over there :rolleyes:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I cant understand why you wouldn't want the iPhone, I've never had a problem with mine...

It was overtaxed from the start, had mine over 2 years now - I got bored of the sluggishness and crashing within a couple months - the email interface is oddball, doesn't sync with gmail properly, the camera is utterly hopeless for anything other than a well planned snap, the sound from the speakers is meh, it takes ages to open up messages, the browser can't handle having more than 2 pages open at once without refreshing them (frustrating for when you need to copy/paste from one to another), it doesn't multi-task and most apps don't remember where you left off... the list goes on.

Most of this is fixed with the iPhone4 - which is why I said it's what the original should have been.

I'm glad I had it - as there wasn't much else which came even close to it's functionality 2 years ago - even if it was a clunky experience, but the game has moved on, the iPhone hasn't.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

My thoughts exactly. I have 3GS and love it. Wife's the same. Kids have 4's but I'm happy with the old model.  All my staff have iphones and are happy too. Maybe we easily pleased. 

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It was overtaxed from the start, had mine over 2 years now - I got bored of the sluggishness and crashing within a couple months - the email interface is oddball, doesn't sync with gmail properly, the camera is utterly hopeless for anything other than a well planned snap, the sound from the speakers is meh, it takes ages to open up messages, the browser can't handle having more than 2 pages open at once without refreshing them (frustrating for when you need to copy/paste from one to another), it doesn't multi-task and most apps don't remember where you left off... the list goes on.

Most of this is fixed with the iPhone4 - which is why I said it's what the original should have been.

I'm glad I had it - as there wasn't much else which came even close to it's functionality 2 years ago - even if it was a clunky experience, but the game has moved on, the iPhone hasn't.

Try the restore function , puts the OS back as new or at least update your software.

The speakers arent meant to be good, you need to plug your HEADPHONES in or use external speakers.
I have 2 email accounts, it's fine but they arent free accounts.
Why the f### aren't you using an aussieexotics.com account ???
Camera ? who cares, it's ok to grab a shot of something but it's better on thenew ones I believe. (mines almost 2 years old)
Why would you need to open more then one window using a phone ?
The memory's ok but it's not a PC.

Anyway sounds like you got a lemon.

What does the HTC do that the iPhone doesn't ?
Whats moved on ?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

The iPhone was a nice introduction to the smartphone world - like a Boxster is a nice palatable intro to Porsches.

Offline CortinaD

The iPhone was a nice introduction to the smartphone world - like a Boxster is a nice palatable intro to Porsches.

The iphone is the veryron of the smartphone world, everything else before it and since is still inferior. Stick a HTC sticker over the apple logo then it might be ok for you. Blackberries  with all the servers you needed to make them work makes them stupid

Symbian os - rubbish
Siemens variant of symbian was also rubbish
windows mobile all versions - rubbish
android os - from what i can see ok but the phones it sits on are rubbish

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Complaints seem focussed around the battery life - not a big deal until you spend more than several hours away from a charge-point.

I so agree, the battery life is absolutely abismal! After making not even a half hour call, the battery is almost dead, but the phone states that it is mostly caused by the android system and the display. I have set everything now ti minimal usage settings, and this is not the reason why I bought it, a battery especially on standby should at least last a couple of days, even with a smartphone. Further when calling I should still be able to use the phone without it needing to charge all the time. Otherwise best phone I have ever had!

Went out for the day today with my Desire HD which was fully charged when I left the house. After 1 30 sec call to an answerphone, 1 text sent and 10 mins on web/maps around town the battery was fully drained after 5 hours! I don't mind keeping it on charge while at work, but if I can't even get an operational phone for a day out it's useless!

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/10/28/htc-desire-hd-review-poor-battery-life-issue-or-not/#IDComment106775891

Ouch.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Gadgets and Technology ] Apple iPhone 360c Today at 14:14
[ Cars ] Spotted thread TJB Today at 13:53
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Joey Today at 13:02
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S psw Yesterday at 21:52