Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

so, fed up with paying line rental and phone rental charges etc, dumped Telstra from the home, and switched to iinet...

change over for not especially smooth, but happened in the end without anything to REALLY moan about...

but, 2 weeks in now, and the internet is so pathetically slow, I've given up. and videos simply unwatchable, all flash stuff impossible.

it's like i'm on dial up again....

they apparently say they're fixing it.... have been for a week now.

not impressed.

Thanks I was thinking of calling them. :tilt:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I've been exclusively using iinet since '99. No real complaints here.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
I've been exclusively using iinet since '99. No real complaints here.

I've been using them for 3 year, not a single issue with them
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

• Soap Dodger

good to hear.

I'm told by my cyber geek fixer wife person, that the problem looks to have been the 50c 2 way splitter thingy in the wall socket!

doh!

It was a new one that came with the iinet "bob" kit, but even so, stupid little nothing gadget causes so much grief....

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've got 4 mobiles, several land lines a 1800 number and Extreme Internet, what out of that cant they handle.
Spose I'll call them just to check, just dumped QBE for house insurance because of their Queensland bastardry, went with GIO and saved a grand into thr bargain so it's probably a good idea the check these things sometimes.

• Soap Dodger

Mondi said iinet were superb and to stick it out no matter what, he's such an inspiration to me.  :tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Ah, the old reversed filter trick, that will do it every time.

FF - do you know what your old service was, that is was it ADSL or ADSL2+????

I also assume that the new service is ADSL2+???? If so, just check your filters to make sure you have the ADSL2+ type or they will cause you dramas as well. A central filter will fix all these issues if you could be bothered having one installed.
So this goes out to every one - if you are having speed problems or noises on your phone line it will most likely be a filtering issue.

Just for the record, when I was with iiNet I had no issues until the end of the contract, when my service went faulty and it was 3 weeks before it was fixed. So when they asked if I would like to renew the contract I politely said no.....