Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

4G is the way to go but you have to watch your data downloads very carefully.

http://ipod.about.com/u/ua/internationaliphone/iphone-roaming.01.htm

While there is only about 12 people using 4G at the moment it will be quick, just wait until all the school kids get their new 4g iPhones and S3s and HTCs and ...................

Enjoy it while you can.......

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Unfortunately our ALP overlords have decreed that our country cousins, despite paying VASTLY less for land in country areas, should have subsided high speed interest - before urban areas. Yet another thing the ALP have turned to shit.

This can't be further from the truth. The speeds out in the country are going to be ridiculous.

A large percentage of people in the country will be running on Wireless under the NBN and it will be a shared bandwidth.
There will be people out here that are now on copper ADSL2+ services that will be taken off that to be put onto a wireless NBN service.

And it gets worse!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Internet in this country is woeful.

In Mawson Lakes, Port Adelaide, North Haven, and Taperoo - it's exceptionally shit. My preferred solution to this would have been private enterprise rolling out solutions in the capital cities and moving out as dictated by the market.

Oh yeah, this was already happening before the brakes were applied.........guess why........

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Bitchy Post:

I bought a prepaid $169 testra mobile pebble modem thing with 4G.

You get 5 Gig free when you buy the modem and pays your money upfront. Speed good, setup good, modem battery life good.

Billing and data - SHIIIIIIIIT. In the first week, the modem stopped working, and when I called the helpdesk they said I was out of credit. I emailed them a screenshot of the modem stats page, which showed 1 gig only used.

Telstra prepaid agreed to re-instate another 5 Gig for my trouble. All good.

Two weeks later same deal. 2 Gig used, modem dead. I rang again, this time prepaid said - hmm, sounds poop but we can't give you any more data. Got no-where so thought I'd drop in to a Telstra store to eyeball a human.

Tim, the natty assistant manager listened, nodded, hooked up the modem - confirmed the system said it was out of credit, and also confirmed the device said only 2 gig used... He can't help - only options are to send the device away for 2 weeks, to see if it's a hardware fault.

I get Telstra has to have processes, but it looks like they have released another device with a hacked billing/data recognition system, and they're happy to rip off customers who don't know better.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Bitchy Post:

I bought a prepaid $169 testra mobile pebble modem thing with 4G.

You get 5 Gig free when you buy the modem and pays your money upfront. Speed good, setup good, modem battery life good.

Billing and data - SHIIIIIIIIT. In the first week, the modem stopped working, and when I called the helpdesk they said I was out of credit. I emailed them a screenshot of the modem stats page, which showed 1 gig only used.

Telstra prepaid agreed to re-instate another 5 Gig for my trouble. All good.

Two weeks later same deal. 2 Gig used, modem dead. I rang again, this time prepaid said - hmm, sounds poop but we can't give you any more data. Got no-where so thought I'd drop in to a Telstra store to eyeball a human.

Tim, the natty assistant manager listened, nodded, hooked up the modem - confirmed the system said it was out of credit, and also confirmed the device said only 2 gig used... He can't help - only options are to send the device away for 2 weeks, to see if it's a hardware fault.

I get Telstra has to have processes, but it looks like they have released another device with a hacked billing/data recognition system, and they're happy to rip off customers who don't know better.

This stuff makes me cringe.....

Was it a Telstra owned T shop or a franchise shop???

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

This stuff makes me cringe.....

Was it a Telstra owned T shop or a franchise shop???

Telstra owned shop. I tried to get Tim to pose infront of the 'we're here to help' sign. He declined.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

From today using Samsung Galaxy S3 4G

One thing with the HTC.....it eats up the battery when on 4g!!!

But on 3g the battery lasts twice as long!   :confused:

I pulled it off charge this morning(fully charged) and now it's sitting at about 34% after only a small amount of use...... (connected to 4g for that time)

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
But don't worry guys. Like the government says all your problems will be solved once and for all with the NBN. I truly truly trust and believe the gov wholeheartedly never doubting that the 46+ billion is the right way to go. They can do no wrong. Yeah! Absolutely nothing. Just look at our world's greatest treasurer.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

From today using Samsung Galaxy S3 4G

Getting 50/24 tonight......

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna