Offline Excalibur Racing

• Drives: 997 GT3 Cup, Radical SR8 RX
I've been a long suffering Blackberry user and having to wait till next year for finally a decent operating system is a bridge too far. My contract is up and Optus are offering a good business plan to roll into the S3 (which looks a much better gadget than the iPhone 4s).
Question is...go S3 now or wait for the iP5 (and the doubtess delays that will occur from excess demand)?
I run Windows PC's, haven't gone iMac yet. It's not Ford vs Holden so some objective advice would be nice. Thanks.
Youth is wasted on the young...

Offline ckbag

I use galaxy 2 gf has iPhone 4. The biggest plus for me is that the galaxy has a bigger screen.

In terms of function and number of apps I am guess they are similar?? I don't really use much apps so can't comment.

Both are good phones but I am personally biased towards samsung

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

iPhone 4s for me, has everything you'd want and more,
 iphone 5 may be a year away who knows, but because Apple is the most popular they will once again be ahead of the pack with features when the time comes. Apple have virtually destroyed Nokia which was once my favorite.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
No question the Samsung. The iphone is just a "fluff" product. Very frustrating.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Feature for feature it's nigh on impossible to separate high-end phones nowadays.

My main issues with iPhone are simply that you have to buy into the Apple Universe, things may have become better in the couple years since I've had an iPhone, but no matter, Android has long since left them behind for functionality and ease of use out of the box - none of the frustration of dealing with the Cult Of Steve.

Pity, because unlike ckbag above I actually prefer the smaller form-factor of the iPhone, the Galaxy is simply not a one-handed device for most things.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Also, don't forget - you can only do video calls iphone to iphone. If the other person doesn't have an iphone, bad luck.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I cant see any issues with the iPhone I'm not a Mac user but the IPhone just seems easier all round, perhaps if you're going specific tasks ??? dunno what though.
Phone camera video, connection to the web , email you name it it's intuitive and easy on the iPhone.
If the screen was bigger I wouldnt needa PC......so there's the Ipad, havent gone there yet.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I cant see any issues with the iPhone I'm not a Mac user but the IPhone just seems easier all round

Easier than what?

The only things I use functionality-wise on Android that I don't think iPhone does is widgets, ie my homescreen has as much info as I want on it without having to actually open an app to check - eg weather, pedometer, data usage on both my phone and home internet, buttons that switch various settings on/off (wifi/data/rotate/airplane/brightness/etc), calendar appointments, battery usage/output, data used today, etc etc. This is all stuff I can see right on my homescreen without any action required.

Not sure if iPhone has a notifications page yet or still just has monologue boxes that keep popping up.

Choice of keyboards is nice (I've been using swipe keyboards for two years now, tap-typing seems weird and slow), however iPhone has one of the best and simplest keyboards around.

90% of my actual usage is just web browsing, photography, and reading Kindle. Any phone does those things - so in the end for me it's the little things that make the difference.

Offline T0M722

Choice of keyboards is nice (I've been using swipe keyboards for two years now, tap-typing seems weird and slow), however iPhone has one of the best and simplest keyboards around.

One of the main pet-peeves is the keyboards on the GS2... Very annoying. Would much prefer the iPhone keyboard.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

One of the main pet-peeves is the keyboards on the GS2... Very annoying. Would much prefer the iPhone keyboard.

I've tried like a dozen, keep going back to SlideIT.