Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Will that be the only phone?

At the moment the S5, M8 and G3 are all 700 ready.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Once upon a time I would have agreed, but now the Android phones and upper end Tablets are on par in build quality.

The thing that causes people to perceive that Android devices are rubbish quality are the cheap arse Tablets and knock off phones that are available all over the place. But if you stick with the big brands, some of the internals are actually much better........

I have a google nexus 10" tablet.  great screen resolution, fast processor ( compared to my iPad 1) but very plasticky and the screen isn't as responsive as the iPad

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I'm going small. I'll also finally get the screen on my 5S fixed... after 6 months... :o

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Nexus 6 may be the go. Rumoured to be 5.2 inch, all the usual stuff and more than likely less than half the price of the iPhone 6, Galaxy S5, HTC, LG etc. Should be a good size if they can keep the chassis the same size as the Nexus 5. Plus the purest Android experience, whatever the hell that means.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I have a google nexus 10" tablet.  great screen resolution, fast processor ( compared to my iPad 1) but very plasticky and the screen isn't as responsive as the iPad

Yep, I can always feel the difference when I am handling an iPad or a Tablet, even the top end Note 10.1 feels a little cheesy. Tablets still have some catching up to do but the phones are already there.

But having something that feels solid and less cheesy does not out weight the advantages to an Andriod tablet.

But then again I have both, they serve their purposes for what they do best........

This will be an on going battle forever me thinks...........   :p

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

But then again I have both, they serve their purposes for what they do best........

This will be an on going battle forever me thinks...........   :p

I enjoy using the iPad -  it's the touchy feely sensation which makes it an experience, the Android tablet does bot quite have that.  I can't see what an android can do better than an iPad.  Sure, some say it's that you can customise the Android - it's that an appearance thing or a functionality thing?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I enjoy using the iPad -  it's the touchy feely sensation which makes it an experience, the Android tablet does bot quite have that.  I can't see what an android can do better than an iPad.  Sure, some say it's that you can customise the Android - it's that an appearance thing or a functionality thing?

I find the ipad really slippery to hold. I rarely use it. I also have a Nexus 7 which has a rubbery type backing, like the S5, which makes it a joy to use. Holding...sitting on your knee...whatever, it doesn't slide away.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Pocketability (if that is a word!) is important to me. If I can fit the thing in my pocket fine. If the screen is massive and I can't walk down the street without a limp with the thing in my pocket, I'll stick to a 4S or a 5.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The big thing is the Apps that I have developed and have been developed at work to make processes simpler, it's a big job to get them approved for the iPhone/iPad......

Offline CortinaD

The big thing is the Apps that I have developed and have been developed at work to make processes simpler, it's a big job to get them approved for the iPhone/iPad......

Not really, the approval process is straight forward and spelled out in the guidelines.

Either way you can just use the adhoc distribution for local needs.