Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Wondered that myself I've just recently got connected to some very high profile people but I think it was because I was connected to someone who was already connected to them.

I wouldn't want to just accept anyone as once they're connected they can send you spam or whatever they like. I think people especially those up the tree would not allow just anyone to connect.

But to answer your question there must be a setting to allow it somewhere.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've never bothered with Linkedin, or any other form of social media

But I'm curious, what's the benefits of Linkedin?

Many people get employment from it, it helps get you noticed and keeps you up to date on who's doing what.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Many people get employment from it, it helps get you noticed and keeps you up to date on who's doing what.

probably not important in my industry

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Online Neru

i've been contemplating opening a linkedin account to help with the job search however with my previous job history not sure if its gonna make an impressive profile

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Wondered that myself I've just recently got connected to some very high profile people but I think it was because I was connected to someone who was already connected to them.

I wouldn't want to just accept anyone as once they're connected they can send you spam or whatever they like. I think people especially those up the tree would not allow just anyone to connect.

But to answer your question there must be a setting to allow it somewhere.

If you are a recruiter, you get heaps of people (senior and junior) who have heard Linkedin could be important wanting to connect.  They don't know you'll never look at their profile again.  It's become a damn nuisance.   It'll end up choking on its own vomit but not before it drives me mad. 

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

i've been contemplating opening a linkedin account to help with the job search however with my previous job history not sure if its gonna make an impressive profile

Give it a shot can't hurt
I only joined to find a certain person, that was a year ago, I've only just realised why its popular.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

If you are a recruiter, you get heaps of people (senior and junior) who have heard Linkedin could be important wanting to connect.  They don't know you'll never look at their profile again.  It's become a damn nuisance.   It'll end up choking on its own vomit but not before it drives me mad.

Don't agree to connect, simple.
But you may be able to identify some who you may be interested in.
You can see their profile before you agree.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Another I've had recent invites from is skillpages - again, I didnt bother with it

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Another I've had recent invites from is skillpages - again, I didnt bother with it
I wouldn't bother with it at all for your business, just an informative web site is all you need.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! mondi Today at 10:44
[ Racing ] Lola Larousse LC88 Steve. Today at 10:26
[ McLaren ] 675 LT Spider mhh Today at 10:25
[ Cars ] Supercar dealer article UK JBO Yesterday at 21:35
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Alpinem3e92 Yesterday at 16:24
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Tipping game mondi Yesterday at 10:27
[ Racing ] Seeking photos of Brian Ginger - died in 1993 London-Sydney Marathon Chicky01 Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 17:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast shack Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 16:57
[ Racing ] Australian GT series dkabab Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 13:32
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate 360c Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 11:48