Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I find this interesting, people always go on about "reconnecting" with lost/old friends...   Who gives a rats ass, IMO if the friend is lost then keep them lost, there is a reason you didn't stay in touch.

lol ..... That's the comment of a young single guy. When you get married and have kids you'll find out you lose contact with old friends that you still liked, but lost contact with because you just don't have to time to stay in touch across the world. ;) It might only be a few, but it will happen.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
LOL - me and Wattens saying the same thing at the same time in different ways. :p

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

LOL - me and Wattens saying the same thing at the same time in different ways. :p
Snap:

lol ..... That's the comment of a young single guy. When you get married and have kids you'll find out you lose contact with old friends that you still liked, but lost contact with because you just don't have to time to stay in touch across the world. ;) It might only be a few, but it will happen.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
FWIW i'm married
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
That's the comment of a young single guy. When you get married and have kids

Not getting married.

Not having kids.

I still lose touch with people - because I don't want to be in touch with them any more.

Bam. :)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

It's true though. I think the common denominator is you and I both don't give a shit.

I used Stalkbook primarily while I was living overseas, now back in Aus and I don't really use it much anymore (mainly use it to keep in touch with overseas friends OR to find out info of employees and other busines' employees).

I never created a LinkedIn account for myself, I use it to check out potential employees, but mainly for getting prepared for a meeting with employees of other businesses. (Comes in handy if you know certain things about a person before you meet with them on a professional level).  But personally I think LinkedIn is a big ass sniffing cock fest.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

FWIW i'm married
I must have missed that. Last I heard you were going to Europe with your girlfriend. Congrats on that, now for some kids and some time and see if you lose contact with some friends that one day youd love to catch up with. ;)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

But personally I think LinkedIn is a big ass sniffing cock fest.

That is certainly true the majority of the time. Plenty of people on there posting so that they can say look at me. They want people from their past to see their success.

Mine has the name of one company that I am a director of and says sweet FA else, but it has helped open two doors I wanted open and helped me chat with two old ski buddies that moved overseas and I lost contact with. Ive looked at it twice in two years, I guess i'm not the regular kind of user of it. ;)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I must have missed that. Last I heard you were going to Europe with your girlfriend. Congrats on that, now for some kids and some time and see if you lose contact with some friends that one day youd love to catch up with. ;)

Cheers, yeah just over a year ago.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline hydie

I have had a LinkedIn account for nearly 3 years or so and never really paid much attention to it.

I fixed it all up earlier this year when I wanted a new job. On my resume I even linked to it.

Since I have been in my new position a month now I have been using it more and more, I have set up accounts for the head sales guys at the dealership to add even more credibility if searched online. We are a big fleet dealership for local businesses so the purchasers are even now connecting with the sales guys.

I usually check it before I have a meeting with someone just to get what their background is/knowledge they might have.

My boss is a firm believer in it however he does admit he just accepts anyone that tries to connect with him. The company that is doing our new company websites actually approached him through LinkedIn.