Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
track day will do for now

I'm having a shit of a time with this Mac, all I want to do is copy the folders of stuff to another hard drive but I can't find anything like Explorer to just browse the bloody hard drive - everything is dumbed down or fancied up to the point where even I can't figger out where the hell my files actually are!  :irked:  I've found an export facility in the photo-editing suite, but that exports them and "touches" them so it changes the file date, and it only exports pictures not videos, and you have to specify new folders each time and I'm getting the shits.  It's really good for just using the way they want you to, but for someone with about 20 years of in-depth knowledge of operating systems who wants to play at the lower levels...  sheesh.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I'm having a shit of a time with this Mac, all I want to do is copy the folders of stuff to another hard drive but I can't find anything like Explorer to just browse the bloody hard drive - everything is dumbed down or fancied up to the point where even I can't figger out where the hell my files actually are!  :irked:  I've found an export facility in the photo-editing suite, but that exports them and "touches" them so it changes the file date, and it only exports pictures not videos, and you have to specify new folders each time and I'm getting the shits.  It's really good for just using the way they want you to, but for someone with about 20 years of in-depth knowledge of operating systems who wants to play at the lower levels...  sheesh.

well put all the photos on a PC and try again!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

well put all the photos on a PC and try again!

er, that's what I'm trying to do!  They're all on the Mac and I want to copy them to another hard drive so I can access them on the PC...  Where's Vmax, he knows about these things doesn't he? :p

Offline Aircon

er, that's what I'm trying to do!  They're all on the Mac and I want to copy them to another hard drive so I can access them on the PC...  Where's Vmax, he knows about these things doesn't he? :p

how did you get them on the mac in the first place?? just do the same with a pc.

what sort of geek would buy a mac?

Offline Aircon

i just rang mike and told him. we were laughing at you. sorry :)

Offline waz356

i just rang mike and told him. we were laughing at you. sorry :)

hehe, bastards. i like it...  :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

So, apart from having to realign my perception to a non-inquisitive one in order to use the Mac, I'm loving it.  I've never owned a laptop, and the ones I've used for work over the last 10 years have never been... interesting.

Anyhoo, I'm loving sitting out on my balcony with a drink and a laptop - and with it's capabilities and my hunger I'm thinking of taking it to Rundle St for some food - and Rundle St has a good deal of free WiFi hotspots. :tilt:  I just don't know if I want to be one of those guys yet...  but I don't want to waste 3/4 of an hour getting a meal when I have so many pics and vids to finish off...

* This post written on a PC :?

Offline Aircon

So, apart from having to realign my perception to a non-inquisitive one in order to use the Mac, I'm loving it.  I've never owned a laptop, and the ones I've used for work over the last 10 years have never been... interesting.

Anyhoo, I'm loving sitting out on my balcony with a drink and a laptop - and with it's capabilities and my hunger I'm thinking of taking it to Rundle St for some food - and Rundle St has a good deal of free WiFi hotspots. :tilt:  I just don't know if I want to be one of those guys yet...  but I don't want to waste 3/4 of an hour getting a meal when I have so many pics and vids to finish off...

* This post written on a PC :?

you better hope vmax never reads that post!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

you better hope vmax never reads that post!

I've been sitting out there playing with it trying to put a vid together... it seems very easy, on a magnitude of 10x easier than on anything I've used on a PC, but there's frequent stupid *little* things, like REALLY stupid, which interrupt the otherwise very pleasant experience. 

For eg I want to know the filename of the photo I'm currently looking at, on every PC app I know of that is clearly displayed, on the Mac, I have to search menus and click about 5 times just to get that information!  It's infuriating!!?!?

So far, to me a Mac is like having a chick who is great at giving head, yet still every 10 seconds asks whether you like it.  :tilt:

Offline Aircon

So far, to me a Mac is like having a chick who is great at giving head, yet still every 10 seconds asks whether you like it.  :tilt:

well. vmax definitely wouldn't know anything about that sort of thing :)