Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Something was said about multiple monitors...  I can't find a hole big enough to stick a monitor plug into :confused:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ok, here's an AMAZING plus for Mac if it works properly - I was able to export a movie *directly* to youtube from iMovie... Not only is that program sooooooo easy and fast with great results, but it allows publishing options so quick I've never seen before.

Of course I'd also call this a negative - given the amount of crap that ends up of youtube. :\

Here's where it's supposed to end up: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Hg6fOVkRH4

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ok, been using the Macbook exclusively for the last few days (at home) - and I have to say there's a big problem with the ergonomics, the edges of it are quite sharp!

Not the kind of sharp that would bother you for a few mins here and there, but as a primary computer, it's very much an issue.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I'm getting really sick of the file system and application structure on this stupid thing.  a few days ago I installed Azureus (bittorrent thing) and had it going just fine - when I click a torrent on a web page, it just downloaded it in Azureus automatically - fantastic!

I shut down the machine this morning - went to open Azureus again to finish a couple files...  it's no longer on my docking bar... it's not listed in Applications... I can't find it on the hard drive...  when I click a torrent in a browser I just get an error message saying the application doesn't exist.

Where the hell does stuff go? :mad:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I'm getting really sick of the file system and application structure on this stupid thing.  a few days ago I installed Azureus (bittorrent thing) and had it going just fine - when I click a torrent on a web page, it just downloaded it in Azureus automatically - fantastic!

I shut down the machine this morning - went to open Azureus again to finish a couple files...  it's no longer on my docking bar... it's not listed in Applications... I can't find it on the hard drive...  when I click a torrent in a browser I just get an error message saying the application doesn't exist.

lol

i was having a discussion with a mate of scott's last night who swears the apple is superior.

i need to spend some time with one to make up my own mind.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

spend the time completely re-doing the whole thing.

Then you'll find the original easier!

yesterday, I dropped a special washer while installing a front brake on my boys bicycle.... He and I spent 20 minutes turning over everything.....

so I made one... another 20 minutes gone....

installed it all, just about to go ride it for the first time...

THERE IT IS... !!!!!!!!

Offline Laminator

Hey Ash,

have you seen the MAC vs. PC ads? :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ok I've found the folder where Azureus is - but how the hell do you run it?  What's the equivalent of an EXE file?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

lol

i was having a discussion with a mate of scott's last night who swears the apple is superior.

i need to spend some time with one to make up my own mind.

Well that's kinda why I bought one - but it's all hype.  There are a lot of little things that it's better at, but the people comparing Mac "it just works" to Windows are obviously still comparing to Windows '98, because everything I've wanted to do on the Mac so far has been quicker and easier and made more sense on the PC.

Installing, downloading, searching, filing... all very easy operations on the PC nowadays - mostly a lot more automated than the Mac.

Last week I installed a USB modem - on the Mac I had to put in a disk, read a manual, install a couple components (each which I can't find now :? ), play with a dozen settings - after which it still didn't work so I had to call the Indian call-centre and it took them nearly 20 mins of troubleshooting.

The next day I plugged the device into the PC - the system automatically recognised a new device, took the software off of the device, asked me if I'd like to install it, and it was done in under 2 minutes and fully functional!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

spend the time completely re-doing the whole thing.

Then you'll find the original easier!

Good call!  :confused:

I got fed up and figgered I'd just reinstall it and make sure I kept a link to it, so I went back to the original installation file - opened it up, and it popped up with the actual application. :rolleyes: