Offline CortinaD

I think the NBN is a waste of money. If they were providing services to the outback then I would be all for it but satellite services are a joke.

I would happily pay $150 a month for fibre internet but not 5gb, it would need to be in the order of 20gb or more.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
One of the guys at works averages 2 gb a night.  I'm hitting 20gb a month with a family of four.  Useage will only increase as the internet grows.  What group of nethanderal idiots came up with a 5gb limit.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

What group of nethanderal idiots came up with a 5gb limit.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Online TomE

Spoke with a NBN guy on saturday who was looking at the new pits and NBN cables out front of my house.

Asked him if he knows when they are going to roll out the home connections. He just laughed and said never.

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline dkabab

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-23/nbn-co-board-offers-to-resign/4973922

All members of NBN Co board have submitted their resignations to Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull, according to media reports.

Fairfax Media is reporting that chairwoman Siobhan McKenna tendered her resignation along with other board members, but that the Government is yet to accept the resignations.

The Government will need to take the resignations to Cabinet for a decision.

Mr Turnbull has been highly critical of the NBN board during his time as Opposition communications spokesman, and particularly of NBN Co chief executive, Mike Quigley, who also sits on the board.

Mr Quigley announced his retirement in July after months of pressure over delays to the NBN rollout.

But Mr Turnbull also criticised Ms McKenna - in particular, her lack of direct experience when it comes to rolling out major telecommunications programs.

He was also critical of what was reported around the time as tension between Ms McKenna and Mr Quigley and the way they conducted themselves.

Earlier this month, Mr Turnbull said former Telstra boss Ziggy Switkowski would be "highly qualified" and "eminently suitable" to be appointed head of NBN Co.

Before becoming the head of the Telstra, the one-time nuclear physicist ran Optus and the Australian operations of Kodak.

Mr Turnbull refused at the time to confirm whether the Coalition would appoint Dr Switkowski.

If Dr Switkowski takes charge of NBN Co, one of his first challenges will be to undertake what is likely to be a highly political audit of the company's governance and operations.

The Coalition plans to change the NBN from Labor's fibre-to-the-premise (FTTP) model to a slower but cheaper fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) model.

A petition, launched earlier this month by Queensland university student Nick Paine, calling for the Coalition to endorse the FTTP model has gathered more than 250,000 signatures.

Mr Turnbull responded, saying the party's election win gave it a mandate to go ahead with its NBN plan.

"The promoters of this petition apparently believe that we should ignore the lengthy public debate on the NBN that preceded the election and also ignore the election result," he said.

"[That] we should, within days of the election, walk away from one of our most well-debated, well-understood and prominent policies.

"Democracy? I don't think so."