Offline dkabab

Ok so im getting a new computer in the next week or two and im just contemplating what screen to go with. at work we have a 42" lcd samsung large format display going super cheap, and have contemplated it, however im thinking this is just going to be a stupid idea thats really not practical.
the main use for this computer will be processing photos, and other graphics/image work. and since its going to be a super fast computer, no doubt a bit of gaming.

so, whats a good size you guys use, have used etc... im thinking 32" lcd would be ample...?

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
David , i'm not of an expert in this but i think 32" would be ample for your usage !

Offline cel

I don't think 42" inch will work, my tv is that size and it would be too much as a computer screen.

I've got a 22" monitor which is perfect for me. What is your setup like, will you have the monitor right in front of you?

Offline dkabab

yeah the 42" was a bit of an ego stroking idea... would still be cool, but obviously not practical.
will need to get a desk as i just use my laptop while on the lounge... but yeah it will be right in front of me.

im leaning towards a tv as opposed to a monitor purely for size reasons, i can find much over 24" in monitors....

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

32 is Plenty Dave... Its not stupid big, but its not small either...

Mine is a full HD Samsung TV, handy, and annoying at the same time, i cant have the TV on in the background when editing pics cos im using it to edit the damn pics! In your case though it shouldnt be a problem.

I run mine at 1920x1080, and love it, i considered 42, but that is just ridiculous....
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Why is there a picture of everything on the Internet?

Dave and his 42" of the best.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I have an Asus VK2666 running 1920x1200. Higher than high definition goodness  :thumbsup:

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

I have an Asus VK2666 running 1920x1200. Higher than high definition goodness  :thumbsup:

Whats size is that Steve?

And gimme a buzz when you get a chance :)
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Whats size is that Steve?

And gimme a buzz when you get a chance :)

Whoops... it's 26 inches. I have a 22 inch Samsung mounted vertically next to it... anything larger won't fit on my desk  :D