Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Unless I'm imagining things the Ninemsn web site displays the cars you last looked at on Carsales in the car sales ad on the right hand side of their homepage.

That means Ninemsn grabs the "last viewed" cookies from Car Sales and displays them to you if you've been there before.

www.ninemsn.com.au

Bizarre :eek:

Offline Joel

Unless I'm imagining things the Ninemsn web site displays the cars you last looked at on Carsales in the car sales ad on the right hand side of their homepage.

That means Ninemsn grabs the "last viewed" cookies from Car Sales and displays them to you if you've been there before.

www.ninemsn.com.au

Bizarre :eek:

My Mrs was on the front page of that site last week and put a formal complaint in about it.

Offline a.taylor

I would say that is the embedded advertisement doing that, not nineMSN. I've seen it on lots of different sites. Gumtree adds appear in a very similar manner.

NineMSN would simply provide the advertising space to be filled with what the advertising agency wants.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I would say that is the embedded advertisement doing that, not nineMSN. I've seen it on lots of different sites. Gumtree adds appear in a very similar manner.

NineMSN would simply provide the advertising space to be filled with what the advertising agency wants.

So it's tailored to the visitor if they've been to car sales before, throws up the cars they've looked at same as it keeps your search history on the car sales site..........clever.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It's not a new thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_retargeting

First time I've seen it in action targeting me.
It just doesn't throw up your last search but individual cars from different searches you've done, yes it's embedded but quite clever.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
First time I've seen it in action targeting me.
It just doesn't throw up your last search but individual cars from different searches you've done, yes it's embedded but quite clever.

You probably didn't pick it up before as you've browsed every car on the internet    :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You probably didn't pick it up before as you've browsed every car on the internet    :D

Nope haven't seen one Commodore in those ads yet :scratchchin:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Of course the fall down is it shows you cars you've already seen, it should show you cars LIKE you've already seen

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Of course the fall down is it shows you cars you've already seen, it should show you cars LIKE you've already seen

It's a cyborg teasing you about being a gunna...........