Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

All these road/track cars getting to you already?

I use the qc15's and they are pretty good. But haven't tried the ear buds. I doubt they will be better, but can't hurt giving them a go

The qc15's are great but you look a bit odd driving down the road with them on, don't you?

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
The qc15's are great but you look a bit odd driving down the road with them on, don't you?
just picturing mhh driving down the road in the Speciale with Dr. dre overear headphones on and a baseball cap mounted back to front...... :-D
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

But you don't have a wife and you have electric vehicles????? Why on earth do you need Noise cancelling Earbuds??????

Motorbikes and 355 challenge were the reasons. Only for long distance driving though.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
He gives them to everybody else

Coming from the guy with individual headphones for every occupant in the Voyager!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I got some of these QC 20 earphones today and put them to immediate use on a 300km drive to Port Augusta in the GT3. I wore them for the whole trip, only removing them 10 minutes from the end to check the contrast. They are incredible. I've used the Bose headphones for many years but these are even better. The car goes from being typically noisy as you would expect, to something quieter than an S-class. When I turned them off, it was though both doors had dropped off - it was that noisy.

Obviously, the sound is part of the fun in a sports car, but the novelty soon wears off on a long, straight drive.  With these earphones on, there isn't another car I'd rather be in on a long drive (at least on smoothish roads).

Bottom line - highly recommended. :thumbsup:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Coming from the guy with individual headphones for every occupant in the Voyager!

Only 4/7

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I can't stop going on about these things. 3,000km and I just love them. I'm not sure how well they work for making and taking phone calls ( I haven't mastered that yet) but at 200 km/h in the GT3 (a noisy car) you can hear yourself breathing - that's how effective they are. It's also the best way to listen to music in a noisy car at speed. You can still hear the engine though. And any important beeps and alerts coming from the dashboard. ;) I can't wait to try them in the Speciale.

Overall, the best gadget I've bought in ages.

Offline E7ITE

I thought we werent legally allowed to use earphones for ipods, phones etc when driving a car?  Or was that law never passed?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I thought we werent legally allowed to use earphones for ipods, phones etc when driving a car?  Or was that law never passed?

Google says it's OK.  ;)

http://m.dailymercury.com.au/news/driving-to-distraction-headphones-law-mackay/2197247/

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I can't stop going on about these things. 3,000km and I just love them. I'm not sure how well they work for making and taking phone calls ( I haven't mastered that yet) but at 200 km/h in the GT3 (a noisy car) you can hear yourself breathing - that's how effective they are. It's also the best way to listen to music in a noisy car at speed. You can still hear the engine though. And any important beeps and alerts coming from the dashboard. ;) I can't wait to try them in the Speciale.

Overall, the best gadget I've bought in ages.

Good info Mark. I was thinking I would soon replace my QC15's with another set....will check out the 20s.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.