Offline M500

Bringing this one back from the grave...

From those who have used both, what is the main difference between the in ear types and the cup types? I see many have used the Bose product and swear by them, but he anyone else used other brands? I had a look at the AKG 495 NC's today and they seem nice in-store but would like some further unbiased advice.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I saw a guy in front of me on a plane trip use these.

Sennheiser

They looked huge and maybe go over the whole ear making them comfortable?

I'm gunna buy a pair.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Bringing this one back from the grave...

From those who have used both, what is the main difference between the in ear types and the cup types? I see many have used the Bose product and swear by them, but he anyone else used other brands? I had a look at the AKG 495 NC's today and they seem nice in-store but would like some further unbiased advice.

I've got both in-ear and cup type (both Bose). They are both good for air travel but the buds you can also use in the car. The cans aren't suitable in the car because the cops won't like that and will stop you if they see you.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I've got both in-ear and cup type (both Bose). They are both good for air travel but the buds you can also use in the car. The cans aren't suitable in the car because the cops won't like that and will stop you if they see you.
and how uncool would you look?

I remember a time when big headphones were a no no, like tattoos.

All bets are off now till the next generation.

Offline M500

I saw a guy in front of me on a plane trip use these.

Sennheiser

They looked huge and maybe go over the whole ear making them comfortable?

I'm gunna buy a pair.

The guy today said the Sennheiser are bringing out a new range of noise canceling headphones in Aug or Sept that promise to be great. RRP $800 - $1000.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

The guy today said the Sennheiser are bringing out a new range of noise canceling headphones in Aug or Sept that promise to be great. RRP $800 - $1000.
:mad:

I need a pair for July.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

I used to drive my 246 with cups. Back in those days, I liked to listen to music and that car was bloody noisy on a trip. Of course, I looked like an idiot, but that's all there was in those days.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline M500

I'm not too concerned about the in-car application, more of a suitability for air travel. Which set do you pick up before leaving for the airport these day with the choose of either?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm not too concerned about the in-car application, more of a suitability for air travel. Which set do you pick up before leaving for the airport these day with the choose of either?

The little ones. You can sleep with them in. I rarely use the others now.

Offline mtarone

I have both over-ear and the Bose in-ear headphones too. Flew overseas last week and grabbed the in-ear, will do the same when we go to UK in a couple of weeks time and will use them for Tassie after that. They are brilliant, can't recommend them enough.