Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I use Bose noise cancelling headphones for air travel (and love them) but I haven't tried the new earbuds.  Has anyone tried them?  Would they work for open road driving to reduce ambient noise?  I'm less interested in the sound quality than whether they work from a noise cancelling point of view.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I use Bose noise cancelling headphones for air travel (and love them) but I haven't tried the new earbuds.  Has anyone tried them?  Would they work for open road driving to reduce ambient noise?  I'm less interested in the sound quality than whether they work from a noise cancelling point of view.
I've tried the latest Boses and they're good but their over-ear noise cancelling units are much better/more effective at noise cancelling IMO. Bulkier though.
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I use much cheaper Panasonic active noise cancelling ear buds on my almost daily plane flights.
I find them to be very effective at removing the constant wind and engine noise, they have an on off switch so its easy to compare the effect the circuit is having vs the attenuation from the rubber seal in your ear.
On long haul I leave them in with no source attached whilst sleeping.
I would imagine Bose have an even better noise cancelling circuit in theirs.
Tyre and wind noise would be greatly reduced.

Offline Paulstar

Have you (MHH, Futurism) considered custom molded ear plugs? We had a contractor in the office for a few weeks he had them made up in the US, he swore by them for travel / open plan offices. I've done some research prior and custom molded plugs seem to be the best solution for cancelling out ambient noise.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Have you (MHH, Futurism) considered custom molded ear plugs? We had a contractor in the office for a few weeks he had them made up in the US, he swore by them for travel / open plan offices. I've done some research prior and custom molded plugs seem to be the best solution for cancelling out ambient noise.

That's what I use. Very comfortable and do an excellent job.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That's what I use. Very comfortable and do an excellent job.

But you don't have a wife and you have electric vehicles????? Why on earth do you need Noise cancelling Earbuds??????

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

But you don't have a wife and you have electric vehicles????? Why on earth do you need Noise cancelling Earbuds??????

He gives them to everybody else

Offline dkabab

All these road/track cars getting to you already?

I use the qc15's and they are pretty good. But haven't tried the ear buds. I doubt they will be better, but can't hurt giving them a go

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David

In my misguided youth as professional death metal guitarist, I had some musicians earplugs made for me, which were moulded to my ear but also had a small pipe to let a smaller amount of the full frequency spectrum into my ear
A cheaper version of these can be found at guitar stores called earos.

I have no need for actual ear plugs that are not headphones anymore.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan