Offline NBTBRV8

I am off the UK and want a noise cancelling headset with a 3mm jack for my ipod for the flights.  I don't know that I want to spend a heap of money as I will probably only ever use them on the flight over there and back then stick them on ebay.

What does anybody recommend?

Offline dkabab

I have some Bose QC15 headphones and they're excellent but $399.
My wife has sennheiser PXC 250-II which were around $220 and the noise cancelling is 95% as good, but half the size and weight so great for travel.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
I am off the UK and want a noise cancelling headset with a 3mm jack for my ipod for the flights.  I don't know that I want to spend a heap of money as I will probably only ever use them on the flight over there and back then stick them on ebay.

What does anybody recommend?
Ive tried cheap ones, forget it. Shell out for Bose QC20 and keep them. Both Audio Technica and Shure are nothing like as comfortable (for me at least). You can use the Boses anytime as they have the same remote functions as apple ones plus noise canceling.

Offline NBTBRV8

I know nothing about these things.  How are they powered, the Sennheiser above look to have a battery which would keep the iPod going for longer.

Once I get a few recommendations I jump on eBay and Gum to see if I can pick up a deal.  Just give me a few models worth looking for.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Ive tried cheap ones, forget it. Shell out for Bose QC20 and keep them. Both Audio Technica and Shure are nothing like as comfortable (for me at least). You can use the Boses anytime as they have the same remote functions as apple ones plus noise canceling.

The Bose are great. I use them to drown out the noise of screaming children and nagging wife. They work a treat   :thumbsup:

Offline Neru

The Bose are great. I use them to drown out the noise of screaming children and nagging wife. They work a treat   :thumbsup:

hmm i should do the same for my mum and sister

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

A bag of cement and a lake can do the same.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

QC35's are the latest -  wireless

IMHO audio technica and shure have better sound but Bose  trumps them for noise cancelling

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I have Bose QC25's - they are great. They sound alright, they're very good at minimising external noises, and they work (without the noise cancelling or built in amplification) when the AAA battery is flat. They're comfortable enough to leave on for hours at a time, but not if you're trying to sleep. The new wireless ones are good too - they're more or less the same headphones with the addition of the wireless set up -  but then a steady supply of batteries becomes more important, but they also come with a cord.

Offline NBTBRV8

So the general consensus is QC25 then.  What is the real life expectancy of the battery?

Does Qantas premium economy have usb charging in their seats by chance?